Interesting piece | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting piece

Nonsense on both accounts, IMO.

I know you disagree, but one big difference between us is, I realize that my view is just an opinion. You state your view as if it were incontrovertible fact.
It’s not my opinion. The consensus amongst scouts is that Tua is one of the very best qb prospects to ever come out of college. That is a fact. Barry Jackson has reported that Ross loves Tua. We would not have gone to this level of tanking if we merely wanted to get one of the top qbs. We are trying to get the number one pick. It’s cool if you’re not a fan.

It’s not my opinion. The consensus amongst scouts is that Tua is one of the very best qb prospects to ever come out of college. That is a fact. Barry Jackson has reported that Ross loves Tua. We would not have gone to this level of tanking if we merely wanted to get one of the top qbs. We are trying to get the number one pick. It’s cool if you’re not a fan.
Well, if Barry said it............................

I love how the Herbert fans pick on Tua for playing bad under pressure, when Herbert is just as bad, maybe even worse, playing under duress as well.

There were a lot of scouts that liked Ryan Leaf too........................just sayin.

How many QB's going back to 1983, that are considered to be "elite", were the first QB selected, in any given year?

Andrew Luck, Peyton, Aikman, Elway.

That's about it. Go back through draft history, and you will see a lot of busts, and mediocre players, that "scouts" thought were the cats ***.

I'm not saying your odds don't improve with higher picks, but it is simply not historically accurate to say scouts are right, more than they are wrong when it comes to evaluating players, because it just isn't so.

Let's, just for the sake of argument, list some of the Guys who scouts were high on.

Heath Schuler
David Carr
Tim Couch
Jim Druckenmiller
Tony Banks....who?
David Klingler
EJ manuel......WTF?

The list goes on, and on, and on, and on......

Herbert chucking the ball 10 yards out of the endzone against Auburn on the final play from the 38 yard line tells me that I don't want the ball in his hands with the game on the line.

There were a lot of scouts that liked Ryan Leaf too........................just sayin.

How many QB's going back to 1983, that are considered to be "elite", were the first QB selected, in any given year?

Andrew Luck, Peyton, Aikman, Elway.

That's about it. Go back through draft history, and you will see a lot of busts, and mediocre players, that "scouts" thought were the cats ***.

I'm not saying your odds don't improve with higher picks, but it is simply not historically accurate to say scouts are right, more than they are wrong when it comes to evaluating players, because it just isn't so.

Let's, just for the sake of argument, list some of the Guys who scouts were high on.

Heath Schuler
David Carr
Tim Couch
Jim Druckenmiller
Tony Banks....who?
David Klingler
EJ manuel......WTF?

The list goes on, and on, and on, and on......
I hear what you’re saying. There are no sure things. All I’m saying is that scouts and front offices think that Tua is on the same level as Elway and Luck as a prospect. Tua isn’t just the best qb coming out this year. He’s one of the best ever to come out.

I hear what you’re saying. There are no sure things. All I’m saying is that scouts and front offices think that Tua is on the same level as Elway and Luck as a prospect. Tua isn’t just the best qb coming out this year. He’s one of the best ever to come out.
Fair enough. I don't really expect to change anyone's mind. I just try to point out the reality of NFL history.

I may judge things differently than others. For example, I don't think Luck was even close to the prospect Elway was, or P. Manning, for that matter. He was very good, but I don't consider him an all time great QB, or even "elite". Borderline elite is about as far as I can go, and that's a stretch, because of his playoff record.

Not just Barry.

Rich Eisen.

It's been well documented that Miami loves Tua. You don't rebuild to this extreme for any ole qb.
I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but as soon as you use Rich Eisen as your source or backup, all is lost. Guy is a useless tool.

Fair enough. I don't really expect to change anyone's mind. I just try to point out the reality of NFL history.

I may judge things differently than others. For example, I don't think Luck was even close to the prospect Elway was, or P. Manning, for that matter. He was very good, but I don't consider him an all time great QB, or even "elite". Borderline elite is about as far as I can go, and that's a stretch, because of his playoff record.
Yeah I think Lucks career was a bit underwhelming due to injuries and early retirement. I loved Peyton coming out of college but some preferred Leaf because Peyton didn’t really have the rocket arm. I only hope we can find a true franchise qb brother.

I'm not agreeing or disagreeing, but as soon as you use Rich Eisen as your source or backup, all is lost. Guy is a useless tool.

Well he is, but when theres smoke theres fire.

Especially with our very own insider on this very fourm has Tua as Miami's favorite qb kinda makes it all add up.

Herbert's stats are TERRIBLE under pressure. I saw a graphic one of the first games that he played this year about his stats against pressure for his career and it was a joke. I was instantly out on him. I can't do Tannehill 2.0.

So logic dictates that if he's terrible under pressure, and overall his stats are really good, then he's also probably playing against cream puffs.

That’s because only you knows how to rate talent. How come you are not employed by the Fins scouting department???

This is what I am terrified of this off season. Guys like you that see his size and arm strength but ignore the tape. All of you Herbert lovers are going to die on the same hill as Mike Tannenbum by the way lol. Just watch his ball security issues this weekend, or how about his lack of intelligence when he throws a hail mary 10 yards out of the back of the endzone at the end of the week one game. Tua is far and away the better prospect and it isnt even close.
It has nothing to do with his size , read what I said , he’s got a massive offensive line compared to what the qb at Oregon has,he’s also has lot more talent as well , so is he that good because he’s on a talented team or if he went to Oregon would he be just as talent , don’t get me wrong I have a lot of respect for his talent and if we drafted him I would be happy , your a angry Ass person this is just a sport don’t get out of hand me you don’t own any part of this team

Back
Top Bottom