Interesting Qb Option: Jacoby Brissett | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Qb Option: Jacoby Brissett

Swollcolb

Active Roster
Reaction score
I think he’s one of the most intriguing options possibly available to us. He’s young, and he’s showed some potential. If we could get him for maybe a 3rd round pick I think it would be worth it. He’s the kind of option to where if it doesn’t work out we have a high pick next year (take top QB) and don’t have to regret spending a lot of money or major draft capital on him. He could also be a mentor/compete with the rookie we grab. He also probably has some familiarity with Flores since he was on the Pats.

He's a decent option and, like you said, Flores knows him. Wouldn't want to give up that high of a pick, but I do think that's within the range of expectations.

A poor record can’t all fall on a QB, he had no pass protection in Indy that season, even Andrew Luck could only produce 8-8 seasons with that roster. And I think Brissett would be far better than any QB available to us in round 3 this year. This is more contingent on us adding a franchise guy in 2020, but taking a swing at a Young player with potential this year as well.

I said this a while ago that I thought there was potential for it. but I don't think brissett has a lot of upside and if does play serviceable and you wait around til 2020 for your qb will you even be in position to get one of the top ones? such a delicate balance

I think we will get more answers once the new league year starts and we see how they handle our own personnel etc.

I wouldn't mind him as a backup, but I also wouldn't trade a 3rd rounder for a backup QB.

Ugh, for crying out loud....just start Osweiler lol. He is 28 almost, cheap, and is pretty much the perfect QB for us if we really intend on tanking. Brissett will cost a pick, Flacco is gonna cost a lot, Foles is overrated and is a system QB for Philly, Keenum is overrated, and who knows what will happen with Tannehill. Osweiler is the best and cheapest bet.

Nice player as a backup qb. I wouldn't give up draft capital for him. I don't think he solves anything for where we are as a franchise.

For the record this isn’t my top option, I want us to sign Tyrod as the bridge guy and draft either Lock or Haskins. Or wait and draft the top 2020 guys Tua or Fromm

I'm not interested. I watched the Colts a few times in 17. Each game had a pattern. He would be OK until crunch time where he would just pretty much fall apart. Bad sack after bad sack.

Back
Top Bottom