Interesting "Radio" Draft Scenario | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting "Radio" Draft Scenario

As for the original post.. I wish some teams would take that approach. This is going to be a pretty decent draft so if other teams were skittish and wanted to get rid of their picks this season I would love to offer vets or future picks to take some of those 2021 picks off their hands. The thing is I don't know if Miami has many vets that would get you much in trade terms.

As for the original post.. I wish some teams would take that approach. This is going to be a pretty decent draft so if other teams were skittish and wanted to get rid of their picks this season I would love to offer vets or future picks to take some of those 2021 picks off their hands. The thing is I don't know if Miami has many vets that would get you much in trade terms.
I agree. Essentially trust your scouting report.

Last edited:
I wouldn't hate it if the team decided to trade picks for a quality veteran player or two but I would hate it if that put us into an unsustainable salary cap situation. I do not want to have an expiration date on a winning roster. I think the most consistent franchises have learned that it's better to maintain an overall above average roster while losing maybe one or two players to free agency rather than sinking too much money into one player. Having a good number of players on rookie contracts is a big help in managing the cap, so that should be a factor in deciding what to do with picks.

I wouldn't hate it if the team decided to trade picks for a quality veteran player or two but I would hate it if that put us into an unsustainable salary cap situation. I do not want to have an expiration date on a winning roster. I think the most consistent franchises have learned that it's better to maintain an overall above average roster while losing maybe one or two players to free agency rather than sinking too much money into one player. Having a good number of players on rookie contracts is a big help in managing the cap, so that should be a factor in deciding what to do with picks.
Miami is probably a team that could afford to do that with a player or two. But it doesn't seem like the best approach.

I do believe there will be more misses than per a usual draft, but we'll see.

Back
Top Bottom