Interesting "Radio" Draft Scenario | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting "Radio" Draft Scenario

So if they had elderly parents living with them... or a pregnant girlfriend in a high risk category... they quit on their team?

Have I got that right?

Go back and read my first post again. Good grief I just don’t believe some of you aren’t getting this. You just want to debate.

Hate this idea with a passion and the premise is stupid. Only a few potential top 15 picks aren’t playing.

I’m not giving an opinion, I’m stating a fact. They quit on their team if they chose not to play just so they could enter the draft. Period.

As a Buckeyes fan, I pretty much felt that way about Nick Bosa‘s junior year. He could have made it back late in the season and been healthy for the stretch run. But opted to sit out and prepare for the draft instead.

I get why he did it. But I still felt like he quit on his team, right or wrong.

When Chase Young was suspended there was talk he might do what Nick Bosa did since he was also going to be a top draft pick. But he didn’t. He saw the season through with his teammates. Which I had much more respect for, as a hardcore fan.

Needless to say, I see the angle you’re coming from re: those that opted out with the NFL in mind.

The problem is that the word quit carries a negative connotation.

I would argue if you are saying these players did something wrong.

Whatever the reason for opting out.

There’s is NOTHING wrong with these kids opting, absolutely nothing. Their real teams are their families.

Didn’t Tua have another year of eligibility left? Is he a quitter?

I’d expect we will have more top talents plucked from the second round and more busts in the first round, than usual. However, I could also see a lot of teams being as conservative as possible and not taking a risk on a player lacking the film.

I’d suspect our 2022 team would be more likely to make a splash trade than next years. We gotta see Tua play 16 games before we know where we are at.

If we can’t land a top blue chipper next year with Houston’s pick, acquiring more picks would be on my agenda. The best thing that can happen to any franchise is a prolonged period of time with extra picks. It will lead to quality depth and cap flexibility which is needed to compete long term.

Last edited:
The problem is that the word quit carries a negative connotation.

You damn right it does. That's why most didn't do it.

Whether they did something wrong or not by doing it is irrelevant. This isn't a judgement. It's just a statement of fact. Some guys can look in the mirror and live with it. Most can't.

It is not irrelevant at all.

In fact it is the entire point.

The objections to your use of "quit' is the feeling that you are criticizing them for it. it seems obvious that you are.

The only fact in this matter is that the players did indeed choose not to play.

It can be your opinion that these players let their team down but that is hardly a fact.

It is not irrelevant at all.

In fact it is the entire point.

The objections to your use of "quit' is the feeling that you are criticizing them for it. it seems obvious that you are.

The only fact in this matter is that the players did indeed choose not to play.

It can be your opinion that these players let their team down but that is hardly a fact.

Man I'm only going to tell you this one more time. After that, it's all I have to say about it.

If you could have been playing football, but chose not to just so you could say you "entered the draft" 10 months before it even takes place - you quit on your team.

QUIT.

Q-U-I-T.

Have a nice day.

Man I'm only going to tell you this one more time. After that, it's all I have to say about it.

If you could have been playing football, but chose not to just so you could say you "entered the draft" 10 months before it even takes place - you quit on your team.

QUIT.

Q-U-I-T.

Have a nice day.
So college kids are quitting because they aren't playing the next year but its OK for NFL players because they are back next year. What they do next year has zero impact on the fact that both didnt play this year. By definition both examples are the same and the logic to differentiate between the 2 makes no sense at all.

The reason you didn't play this year or if your coming next year doesn't change the fact that both examples are of people not playing. Call it quitting in college if you may but than you must say the NFL players quit as well.

So college kids are quitting because they aren't playing the next year but its OK for NFL players because they are back next year. What they do next year has zero impact on the fact that both didnt play this year. By definition both examples are the same and the logic to differentiate between the 2 makes no sense at all.

The reason you didn't play this year or if your coming next year doesn't change the fact that both examples are of people not playing. Call it quitting in college if you may but than you must say the NFL players quit as well.

That's bullsh^t. NFL players opted out. They're still part of the team.

The players that chose not to play just so they could tweet they entered the draft quit on their team.

Quit.

KWIT.

It ain't hard to get unless you just don't want to get it.

That's bullsh^t. NFL players opted out. They're still part of the team.

The players that chose not to play just so they could tweet they entered the draft quit on their team.

Quit.

KWIT.

It ain't hard to get unless you just don't want to get it.
Choosing not to play is choosing not to play, the reason why is completely pointless. I would give more credit to the college players who have yet to earn a dime if I'm going to judge either to be honest. Ending your statement with an insult just proves how weak the argument actually is.

Choosing not to play is choosing not to play, the reason why is completely pointless. I would give more credit to the college players who have yet to earn a dime if I'm going to judge either to be honest. Ending your statement with an insult just proves how weak the argument actually is.

It ain't an argument, some just decided to quit on their team. You floating around here in this thread carrying on about dimes doesn't change it.

The reason why is the entire point. Opting out because of COVID and family health concerns isn't quitting on your team. Quitting on your team to tweet you entered the draft a year from now isn't opting out.

It ain't an argument, some just decided to quit on their team. You floating around here in this thread carrying on about dimes doesn't change it.

The reason why is the entire point. Opting out because of COVID and family health concerns isn't quitting on your team. Quitting on your team to tweet you entered the draft a year from now isn't opting out.

I get what you're saying people need to look at as if a NFL player opted out this year so they could go to free agency next season. The way it's set up now is if a NFL player opts out the clock stops ticking and their contract terms resume next year where they left off when they opted out. For example if they had one year remaining on their deal in the summer of 2020 they will still have one year remaining on their deal in 2021 when they return. The way the college deal is set up players still retain the amount of eligibility they had when they opted out, but some are using the situation to simply protect themselves from injury in 2020 and focus on their draft status and will enter the NFL in 2021 with no intent of resuming their career at the point they opted out. What you're saying is if that's the reason the player opted out it's quitting, just as it would be if a player in a normal season said they're skipping the season to focus on the draft.

Back
Top Bottom