Interesting read about the Dolphins rebuild | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting read about the Dolphins rebuild

dolphinkee

Scout Team
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score

The one thing Flo and the rest of the coaching staff did do well was get production and improvement from many of the lesser known players. The one player not mentioned in the article was Preston Williams who I think will continue to step up and like some of the ones mentioned become good starters or at least excellent depth players to round out the squad.

Seems like we have the in-house development down. Grier has a lot on his plate. He’s got all eyes on him right now and he could be the hero or the biggest failure in Fins history along with Saban, Olivadotti and Jimmy Johnson

Last edited:
The three prong seems obvious so the article was really just about who might improve over the off season. Hope the guys are training hard

I'm a little amused by the article. According to the author, 3 ways to improve a roster are

1.) Free Agency
2.) The Draft
3.) In-House Development

Why not just say 'everything.'

That annoyance behind me, IF all these guys can get to average, the roster is much better.

I like the write up about all the players that we currently have on the roster, how they developed, and what we might have to look forward to from them.

This team came a long way over the course of the season.

Good times are ahead.

“The Bills qualified for the playoffs on the back of a stingy defense. Their stay at the party was short-lived as Buffalo were bounced due in large part to a mediocre offense led by a shaky quarterback. Sam Darnold gets more praise than Josh Allen, but he’s been unequivocally worse in his two years as a starter.“

That from the article

Darnold is a better player than Allen - still not great tho - but his health and GM and coach held him back - The Jets still suck overall

Allen is Average playing with a D and running game - couple more years of pounding and that will be it

Darnold will be around a lot longer than Allen - Allen will hold BUF back - We need to start with Tua to hold the top of this division for 10 yrs

Last edited:
The people that said we need every position,the cup board is totally bare are wrong. I think we have a lot of quality keepers from last season's team. That said, Davis and Dieter will likely be 2 starters on next year's o-line. We are pretty bare in the offensive tackle position. We need to replace Tunsil and James and I don't think anybody on our roster at this point in time is good enough to start at either tackle position. We need an upgrade at C because Kilgore isn't good enough imo. With a stronger C, Dieter and Davis games will improve and at least the interior of the line will be solid but I see one tackle in FA and one in the draft early, then another lineman later. So, FA, Dieter, Draft a center, Davis and a draft pick at RT. If that seems like a lot of work you are right! But, to take a step forward we must fix the oline.

I was a little surprised not to see Preston Williams mentioned.

Still trying to figure out why Sieler was cut, the kid came in and immediately proved he belongs on an NFL roster. But I guess it's always fruitful to rummage through Baltimore's defensive castoffs.

What a steal finding that guy was.

I was a little surprised not to see Preston Williams mentioned.
He went into this on the podcast. He said this is strictly for people he can see making a jump and surprising next year, some under the radar contributors. People like Williams and Needham have already made their impacts known and don't need to be mentioned here

“The Bills qualified for the playoffs on the back of a stingy defense. Their stay at the party was short-lived as Buffalo were bounced due in large part to a mediocre offense led by a shaky quarterback. Sam Darnold gets more praise than Josh Allen, but he’s been unequivocally worse in his two years as a starter.“

That from the article

Darnold is a better player than Allen - still not great tho - but his health and GM and coach held him back - The Jets still suck overall

Allen is Average playing with a D and running game - couple more years of pounding and that will be it

Darnold will be around a lot longer than Allen - Allen will hold BUF back - We need to start with Tua to hold the top of this division for 10 yrs
Considering Brady's age and decline this year and neither Allen or Darnold looking like long-term answers, Miami has a great chance. The big if is finding the right quarterback.

Back
Top Bottom