Interesting read about the Dolphins rebuild | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting read about the Dolphins rebuild

Considering Brady's age and decline this year and neither Allen or Darnold looking like long-term answers, Miami has a great chance. The big if is finding the right quarterback.

I'll agree, but I'll add an opinion. Brady has looked un-HOF-like the last 3 years. Missing receivers by YARDS when under no pressure. Not recognizing clear mismatches. Not the fire in his throws of 5 years ago. Last year was just a continuation.

Given that, if NE can get him two elite receivers AND if age doesn't affect him greatly, he can still be a good QB. The variable I'll be watching is, if he (likely) resigns in NE, how much cap space will that eat?

I'll agree, but I'll add an opinion. Brady has looked un-HOF-like the last 3 years. Missing receivers by YARDS when under no pressure. Not recognizing clear mismatches. Not the fire in his throws of 5 years ago. Last year was just a continuation.

Given that, if NE can get him two elite receivers AND if age doesn't affect him greatly, he can still be a good QB. The variable I'll be watching is, if he (likely) resigns in NE, how much cap space will that eat?
Apparently the talk is $30 million per year for Brady. We'll see where that goes.

Apparently the talk is $30 million per year for Brady. We'll see where that goes.
Seriously ask, what team would pay that for him?
What does that make some one like Mahomes worth?
Even through we are talking QB's, 30m out of 188m for this season's figures is 16% of the cap on 1 player. :eek:

The people that said we need every position,the cup board is totally bare are wrong. I think we have a lot of quality keepers from last season's team. That said, Davis and Dieter will likely be 2 starters on next year's o-line. We are pretty bare in the offensive tackle position. We need to replace Tunsil and James and I don't think anybody on our roster at this point in time is good enough to start at either tackle position. We need an upgrade at C because Kilgore isn't good enough imo. With a stronger C, Dieter and Davis games will improve and at least the interior of the line will be solid but I see one tackle in FA and one in the draft early, then another lineman later. So, FA, Dieter, Draft a center, Davis and a draft pick at RT. If that seems like a lot of work you are right! But, to take a step forward we must fix the oline.

I personally would use FA to bring in a quality tackle for the left side, then a secondary Tackle to compete on the right, and finally a solid guard to compete at guard.

After that, draft Tyler Biadasz later in the 1st, then take a tackle in the late 2nd, or early 3rd.

FA...Dieter...Biadasz...Davis...Draft pick

Let the other Guard and Tackle Miami got in FA compete, and go from there. If one or more linemen don't workout in 2020 (Depending how the QB position worked out) use early pick in 2021 to fix the line once and for all.

He went into this on the podcast. He said this is strictly for people he can see making a jump and surprising next year, some under the radar contributors. People like Williams and Needham have already made their impacts known and don't need to be mentioned here
He may have 1 or 3 but never 13

The people that said we need every position,the cup board is totally bare are wrong. I think we have a lot of quality keepers from last season's team. That said, Davis and Dieter will likely be 2 starters on next year's o-line. We are pretty bare in the offensive tackle position. We need to replace Tunsil and James and I don't think anybody on our roster at this point in time is good enough to start at either tackle position. We need an upgrade at C because Kilgore isn't good enough imo. With a stronger C, Dieter and Davis
games will improve and at least the interior of the line will be solid but I see one tackle in FA and one in the draft early, then another lineman later. So, FA, Dieter, Draft a center, Davis and a draft pick at RT. If that seems like a lot of work you are right! But, to take a step forward we must fix the oline.

Neither of the two deserve to start next year.

Travis always has some good insightful stuff. Thanks for posting! :up:

I was a little surprised not to see Preston Williams mentioned.
I think the article was more to showcase guys that on the surface didn't appear to be big contributors and showing why they may/should excel more this year. We already know Preston is a stud, he makes some amazing catches, just needs to cut down on the drops of the routine ones.

I don't think NE signs him for the kind of money he is going to want for his final contract. They more than anyone can see the decline in his play, he's not going to be worth paying what the current top QB's are getting now and that's what TB is going to want. Someone will be foolish and pay him based on the TB of 10 years ago, he can no longer carry an O. He'll have to be surrounded by a team with a ton of talent to be able to cover his physical deficiencies at this point in his career.

Back
Top Bottom