Interesting read about the Dolphins rebuild | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting read about the Dolphins rebuild

Snoop, I agree that neither Davis nor Dieter had stellar seasons. But, it's hard being a member of a shitty oline. You look bad sometimes because of screw ups by others. If those 2 are depth I would like it even better because it would mean that we upgraded. As of now they are our best 2 lineman.

Seriously ask, what team would pay that for him?
What does that make some one like Mahomes worth?
Even through we are talking QB's, 30m out of 188m for this season's figures is 16% of the cap on 1 player. :eek:

He has been on team friendly contracts for about the last five years. He knows the end is coming quickly and he wants a last payday. I still take a 44 year old Brady for one year over Prescott anyday...

Seems like we have the in-house development down. Grier has a lot on his plate. He’s got all eyes on him right now and he could be the hero or the biggest failure in Fins history along with Saban, Olivadotti and Jimmy Johnson
I agree that all eyes are on Grier but I wouldn’t put Jimmy Johnson or Saban on the list of biggest failures. Though Jimmy Johnson didn’t have the success here that he did in Dallas, he took over a team with the worst salary cap situation and took them to the playoffs in 3 of his 4 years. He also drafted hall of famers on defense along with some all pro defenders. He also inherited a starting to decline and a starting to be injury prone Marino that he couldn’t replace.
Saban won 15 out of 32 games with Gus Ferotte and Joey Harrington as QB. His biggest mistake was passing on Aaron Rangers for Ronnie Brown.
I’d put Cam Cameron and Joe Philbin over either HC that you mentioned.

I agree that all eyes are on Grier but I wouldn’t put Jimmy Johnson or Saban on the list of biggest failures. Though Jimmy Johnson didn’t have the success here that he did in Dallas, he took over a team with the worst salary cap situation and took them to the playoffs in 3 of his 4 years. He also drafted hall of famers on defense along with some all pro defenders. He also inherited a starting to decline and a starting to be injury prone Marino that he couldn’t replace.
Saban won 15 out of 32 games with Gus Ferotte and Joey Harrington as QB. His biggest mistake was passing on Aaron Rangers for Ronnie Brown.
I’d put Cam Cameron and Joe Philbin over either HC that you mentioned.

Disagree totally. Those two jerks came here with the biggest fanfare as I can ever remember. Jimmy wormed his way into Miami promising the world and Super Bowls and in two years he was practically in tears and Marino had to plead with him not to quit, which was a huge mistake. Yes, he drafted a couple of great players for us but he was a bust in Miami and lost his balls along the way.

Saban, this so-called savior who was gonna come in and show the world that he could coach on every level.
Then made the most insane demands of not allowing admins to make eye contact with him, his cabinets in his office stocked with a particular size of some sort of snack cake, and then basically leaving Geno James to die on the practice field while the guy was in convulsions. I actually read he stepped over the guy. Then making his secret getaway a couple of years later and lying to the Miami public. Another loser who lost his balls.

As far as Cameron goes, no one wanted him here, no one expected anything from him. He was the classic stop gap although he sucked. Guy was here for a year. He was just a blip on the screen in Miami history.

Philbin, another guy who no one believed in and we were desperate for a coach, basically a warm body. Ross made his first big mistake there. I know Gase made the playoffs one year but he was more of a bust than Philbin with all the brouhaha he brought with him.

In 10 years no one will even remember Cameron or Philbin but we’ll always remember the failures of Jimmy and Nick. Two assholes full of hot air

Disagree totally. Those two jerks came here with the biggest fanfare as I can ever remember. Jimmy wormed his way into Miami promising the world and Super Bowls and in two years he was practically in tears and Marino had to plead with him not to quit, which was a huge mistake. Yes, he drafted a couple of great players for us but he was a bust in Miami and lost his balls along the way.

Saban, this so-called savior who was gonna come in and show the world that he could coach on every level.
Then made the most insane demands of not allowing admins to make eye contact with him, his cabinets in his office stocked with a particular size of some sort of snack cake, and then basically leaving Geno James to die on the practice field while the guy was in convulsions. I actually read he stepped over the guy. Then making his secret getaway a couple of years later and lying to the Miami public. Another loser who lost his balls.

As far as Cameron goes, no one wanted him here, no one expected anything from him. He was the classic stop gap although he sucked. Guy was here for a year. He was just a blip on the screen in Miami history.

Philbin, another guy who no one believed in and we were desperate for a coach, basically a warm body. Ross made his first big mistake there. I know Gase made the playoffs one year but he was more of a bust than Philbin with all the brouhaha he brought with him.

In 10 years no one will even remember Cameron or Philbin but we’ll always remember the failures of Jimmy and Nick. Two assholes full of hot air

Fundamentally disagree with your point on Jimmy.

And its because of Marino. His last few years under center were grueling to watch. Slowed down the run game and play action. Imo.

Moving Marino, as cut throat as it is, might have changed history.

Still a great.

I’m not saying that they didn’t fail to live up to their expectations. They both accomplished more than Cameron and Philbin though and you can’t deny that

I’m not saying that they didn’t fail to live up to their expectations. They both accomplished more than Cameron and Philbin though and you can’t deny that

Not sure how long you’ve been a fan but there were no greater buzz with those two losers. And as far as Cam and Joe, anyone off the street could’ve accomplished more than those two.

Fundamentally disagree with your point on Jimmy.

And its because of Marino. His last few years under center were grueling to watch. Slowed down the run game and play action. Imo.

Moving Marino, as cut throat as it is, might have changed history.

Still a great.

You forgetting he hired Kippy Brown to run the offense and depended on a run game by the name of Karim Abdul Jabbar? The guy I think rushed the ball 1200 times that season just to reach a 1000 yards. Jerris Mcphail, Yatil Green, JJ Johnson, Cecil, we could go on.

You forgetting he hired Kippy Brown to run the offense and depended on a run game by the name of Karim Abdul Jabbar? The guy I think rushed the ball 1200 times that season just to reach a 1000 yards. Jerris Mcphail, Yatil Green, JJ Johnson, Cecil, we could go on.
Jason Taylor, Zack Thomas, and Sam Madison makes up for some of those. Wasn’t perfect but still did more than those two I referenced earlier.

My disagreement is between the lines. I believe Marino last few years, hurt the run game and PA.

Watch him before the leg issues and watch him after.

Jason Taylor, Zack Thomas, and Sam Madison makes up for some of those. Wasn’t perfect but still did more than those two I referenced earlier.

Forget it, you’re totally missing my point about biggest failures in Miami History

My disagreement is between the lines. I believe Marino last few years, hurt the run game and PA.

Watch him before the leg issues and watch him after.

Not disagreeing regarding Marino, but Jimmy also surrounded him with one of the worst casts ever starting with the OC

JJ was good coach in Miami. he failed to get DOLPHINS too SB. HE made it to divisional round 2 or 3 time. when last time we seen that. Saban was all mouth. stay in college.

Back
Top Bottom