Interesting stat on NFL Live | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting stat on NFL Live

fishypete said:
Having the right piece is important...not just a piece...or a QB. And neither Rodgers or Smith are the right pieces as they are.
can you tell me the MD Lotto winning numbers for this week to?

Going 3 - 13 would be horrible. I don't care if it gives us 10 first round draft picks, the humiliation is unbearable. Right now people regard us a crappy team, and no picks can compensate for that. This team needs to be competitive every year, and wanting to lose for picks is prostitution of your soul.

fishypete said:
I agree with him...unless his name is Marino, Elway or P. Manning.

Of that group only Marino had a winning first season, and that's because he had all the parts around him, ie. that team had just come off a SB and were still good..Dan didn't have to go through as many growing pains with that group helping him.

SkapePhin said:
They just showed a stat of the last 6 or so QBs taken 1st overall.. Most had over a 1000 pass attempts in college.. Rodgers and Smith have around 500-600 each. Only Mike Vick had fewer with 380 or so..

I wonder if this stat takes into consideration whather or not the QB was an underclassmen or if they had two more years to throw another 400 or so pass attempts. BTW: did the stats show the completion ratio as well, for those QBs?

Just curious....

Schleprock said:
can you tell me the MD Lotto winning numbers for this week to?

I would if you'll give half the winnings to me. :D

MDFINFAN said:
I would if you'll give half the winnings to me. :D
thanks, but it doesn't seem like you can predict the future like fishypete can.

A QB is like the keystone in a bridge. Sure the blocks you have may be great, but the keystone is the difference between having a solid bridge or a pile of fancy bricks.

phinphan11 said:
I wonder if this stat takes into consideration whather or not the QB was an underclassmen or if they had two more years to throw another 400 or so pass attempts. BTW: did the stats show the completion ratio as well, for those QBs?

Just curious....

Maybe RAW Junior QBs shouldnt be Top 5 draft picks? Ever think of that?

Redvs.Blue Phin said:
A QB is like the keystone in a bridge. Sure the blocks you have may be great, but the keystone is the difference between having a solid bridge or a pile of fancy bricks.

I think that is a horrible analogy. Haven't you figured it out that having a Hall of Fame quarterback may make things exciting, they don't bring championships. If anything at all can be taken from this era of the NFL it is that above average (but not great) quarterbacks can win championships- multiple championships even. It is the skill players to some extent, but it has more to do with coaches and disciplined schemes.

SkapePhin said:
Maybe RAW Junior QBs shouldnt be Top 5 draft picks? Ever think of that?

I think that depends on the person.

I was not disagreeing with you, I was just curious whether or not those stats considered the length of the time in college for the player listed, that's all.

phinphan11 said:
I think that depends on the person.

I was not disagreeing with you, I was just curious whether or not those stats considered the length of the time in college for the player listed, that's all.

No it didnt.. nor does it really have any relevance.. The stat speaks to the inexperience, and thus, uncertainty, of this year's top QBs. Its rare that QBs with so little experience get drafted so high..

SkapePhin said:
They just showed a stat of the last 6 or so QBs taken 1st overall.. Most had over a 1000 pass attempts in college.. Rodgers and Smith have around 500-600 each. Only Mike Vick had fewer with 380 or so..

And there was an interesting quote from Vermeil.. Something to the effect of " Teams choosing a QB 1st overall are normally losing teams. If a coach drafts a QB that high expecting that player to make them a winner, chances are that coach will be fired soon"

My Opinion the qbs in the long run picked 1st overall that will do well are

David Carr
Carson Palmer
and
Eli Manning

Back
Top Bottom