Interesting tibit | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting tibit

finfan54 said:
yeah I saw that interview...........Dont mean jack. He is just spouting the same dribble everyone else is spouting.

I'm not sure about that, most others always name the QB's as a part of the top..but mostly those are people who have the top picks..

“You evaluate drafts two or three years out,†said a Western region scout. “With that thinking, Alex Smith is the best quarterback in the draft. He’ll grow into his body. He is thin-hipped right now. But he’s tall enough, and he’ll be big enough. He’s a really good athlete. He’s a much better runner than the other two (juniors).
“Alex Smith can really run. Not just average. He can run. He had a 55-yard run. I thought he handed the ball off on one tape. I had to rewind it, and it was Smith. He’s going to test out of this world. Right now, he’s 6-3½, but he has to grow into the body. He has the build to be 225 or more.

“If you rate them as athletes, it goes Smith, Rogers and Leinart,†he said. “Mentally, rate them Leinart, Rogers and Smith. That’s kind of a readiness-to-play scale too. We don’t doubt (Smith) will be the best 3-4 years down the road.

if you went player for player whos the best right now, meaning who would come in and be the best player of course the 2 QBs aren't there...

if every team truly went BPA a QB would never be picked number 1 because they are never ready right away to come in to the NFL and be productive... its always a reach for a QB when you have to take one...

BlueFin said:
Some of you are getting a little pathetic in your attempts to belittle Alex Smith, do you really think what you say is going to have any affect where this kid gets drafted?

Whether one scout thinks they are top two or top ten is irrelevent, they are still top prospects in this draft and being quarterbacks are in a little different category.

It makes no difference whether this scout thinks Smith is special or not, it will not have one bit of effect as to whether he is or not. The only opinion that matters is Nick Saban.

Did this same scout think Losman was worth the first rounder they gave up in this draft to get him?

If Losman flops are this scouts opinions even worth listening too regarding other quarterbacks?

I didn't know you'd take it so personally, if Loseman flops that's within the 70% of 1st round QB's that don't succeed spread that Saban's been talking about, I really think the bills have Loseman in a good situation, he doesn't have to come and win games on his own, he has a very good D, a good RB or 2 if Henry don't leave, the OL is starting to gel, and the guy's mobile, Plus this is his 2nd year in this O, so it won't be new to him, he just needs to fine tune his individual deficencies..that's better that learning a new O, how to play in the NFL, and working on things from college that you need to do better. So as I've said before the scouts for the bills don't do that bad..At this point of our football team, we need more than a QB. Just personally, I'd rather get Campbell, Mcpherson, or the Arkon QB down in the draft bin, not waste a #2 pick on a iffy situation. Saban may get Smith, but it might be trade bait as well. Another SD to NYG deal, but this time Phins to tampa.

Ummm could it be he would say that because the team he works for traded their first round pick for J.P. Losman last year and there reason for making that deal would be because they feel he is better than any qb in this years draft?

Becks7 said:
Ummm could it be he would say that because the team he works for traded their first round pick for J.P. Losman last year and there reason for making that deal would be because they feel he is better than any qb in this years draft?

No, why would he, there's no benefit..they already made their bid last year, this draft is next for them..he has no reason to lie or say something he didn't mean. He just didn't include the QB's as a part of his top players in this draft and he's not the only one who thinks that way. I say again, if these were "got to have QB's", then Saban should be drooling at the mouth, but no, he's willing to trade down. That in itself should tell you something.

arsenal said:
if you went player for player whos the best right now, meaning who would come in and be the best player of course the 2 QBs aren't there...

if every team truly went BPA a QB would never be picked number 1 because they are never ready right away to come in to the NFL and be productive... its always a reach for a QB when you have to take one...

Exactly

Justasportsfan said:
Mort thinks that Jp would be ranked higher than both Rogers and Smith if he was in this years draft. I know it's just his opinion but for someone to say that, that means both Smith and Rogers aren't really franchise qb's that should be in the no.1 and 2 spots. Kinda like Couch.
Kiper said they would have been ranked around where Big Ben and Rivers were. But it really doesnt matter what these guys think. It matters what Saban thinks. If he thinks Smith can be a franchise QB then thats who he should take.

MDFINFAN said:
I was watching NFL total access and they had the national college scout of the bills on. Since the bills are picking 55th and aren't a player in the top 5-10 picks, they asked the scout to name the real top players in this draft. The scout quickly ran off the following names.

1. The 2 Auburn runners
2. B. Edwards.
3. I think it was Johnson the LB and one other guy.

The point here, and he's not the first personnel guy I've seen do this..is that not one of them ever named either QB that's being so highly hyped. He has no reason to pull a fake, so he can trade down, so he was giving his honest opinion.
As a matter of fact the question was set up with since you don't have to worry about draft secrets, who do you think are the real picks in this draft?

So Alex Smith being leaked by the dolphins, who's kept everything hush, hush, is defintely a smoke screen..I don't think our personnel guys rate these QB's any higher than the bills, and the bills have made some excellence personnel moves in the draft. Do you think it's interesting that no QB was mention this response?

Not at all...I've been saying to everyone who'll listen that Smith and Rodgers are not as good as past QBs...QBs naturally get a higher ranking in the draft because a quality guy is more of a need for teams than most other positions. But, it also could mean that the Bills just didn't look too hard at QBs, since they are pretty much set with what they have...??? Just an idea.

LarryFinFan said:
Not at all...I've been saying to everyone who'll listen that Smith and Rodgers are not as good as past QBs...QBs naturally get a higher ranking in the draft because a quality guy is more of a need for teams than most other positions. But, it also could mean that the Bills just didn't look too hard at QBs, since they are pretty much set with what they have...??? Just an idea.

Again I say, they looked at RB's too and gave them a good rating, and I don't think the bills are in the market for a running back either..I think their scouts and club will rank Smith and Rogers alone with everyone else on their boards. Even if they don't have a shot at getting them. Every team will..so they saw plenty of those two as well as every other club, remember all 32 teams were at their combine and pro day work outs...so the bills know rogers and smith just like every other team. Don't think they don't.

Back
Top Bottom