Interesting tibit | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting tibit

MDFINFAN

Reach for the Stars
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I was watching NFL total access and they had the national college scout of the bills on. Since the bills are picking 55th and aren't a player in the top 5-10 picks, they asked the scout to name the real top players in this draft. The scout quickly ran off the following names.

1. The 2 Auburn runners
2. B. Edwards.
3. I think it was Johnson the LB and one other guy.

The point here, and he's not the first personnel guy I've seen do this..is that not one of them ever named either QB that's being so highly hyped. He has no reason to pull a fake, so he can trade down, so he was giving his honest opinion.
As a matter of fact the question was set up with since you don't have to worry about draft secrets, who do you think are the real picks in this draft?

So Alex Smith being leaked by the dolphins, who's kept everything hush, hush, is defintely a smoke screen..I don't think our personnel guys rate these QB's any higher than the bills, and the bills have made some excellence personnel moves in the draft. Do you think it's interesting that no QB was mention this response?

QB would not be on his mind since they have the young gun Losman ready to take over there.

" So Alex Smith being leaked by the dolphins, who's kept everything hush, hush, is defintely a smoke screen."
:shakeno:

thanks for the info coach saban, or are you Rick Spielman?

I guess that you didnt take into the fact that Buffalo has no intrest at all in drafting a QB this year. JP Lossman is "their guy". And you think its a coincidence that they didnt rank any of the QBs high? LOL It seems more like a list of what players he would like in Buffalo rather than "whos the most talented or has the best value".

MDFINFAN said:
I was watching NFL total access and they had the national college scout of the bills on. Since the bills are picking 55th and aren't a player in the top 5-10 picks, they asked the scout to name the real top players in this draft. The scout quickly ran off the following names.

1. The 2 Auburn runners
2. B. Edwards.

The point here, and he's not the first personnel guy I've seen do this..is that not one of them ever named either QB that's being so highly hyped. He has no reason to pull a fake, so he can trade down, so he was giving his honest opinion.
As a matter of fact the question was set up with since you don't have to worry about draft secrets, who do you think are the real picks in this draft?

So Alex Smith being leaked by the dolphins, who's kept everything hush, hush, is defintely a smoke screen..I don't think our personnel guys rate these QB's any higher than the bills, and the bills have made some excellence personnel moves in the draft. Do you think it's interesting that no QB was mention this response?

I think its interesting that finally there is OFFICIAL word from and NFL SCOUT that Alex Smith isn't as special as people think he is. That established, this scout has a neutral view and so was prolly basing that on BPA status and not "need" status, so while Smith isn't in the BPA categorey (as I have been saying all along) that doesn't remove him from being up there in the "team need's" category for us, and with Saban and crew practically orgasming for this kid, it might be a good bet to say he's prolly in THEIR BPA list

Agent51 said:
I think its interesting that finally there is OFFICIAL word from and NFL SCOUT that Alex Smith isn't as special as people think he is. That established, this scout has a neutral view and so was prolly basing that on BPA status and not "need" status, so while Smith isn't in the BPA categorey (as I have been saying all along) that doesn't remove him from being up there in the "team need's" category for us, and with Saban and crew practically orgasming for this kid, it might be a good bet to say he's prolly in THEIR BPA list

Good read, but did you guys notice he said the Auburn running backs, and I don't think the bills are in the market for RB's either, so he didn't forget QB's, he'd been to about 45-50 schools, and I'm sure the rest of the scouts covered the others, when they do their boards, I'm sure Smith and Rogers will be on it, if only that all the teams go brain dead and leave them on the board for the bills, I'm sure Smith and Rogers are on the BPA list, the bills don't expect to get them, but I'm sure they're listed..what kind of board wouldn't have them, can you think of any team who wouldn't have them on their boards? Please with the bills aren't looking a for a QB..this is still the draft and you never know what can happen.

SpeedRush99 said:
According to who?

Well that was kinda a jab at all the people in the stupid alex smith topic that freakin BLEW UP on me for saying I don't want him. I personally hope Saban HATES him and steers clear, because I think I have done a good job since day one of making it known that I am pro-RB/anti-QB in round 1.

MDFINFAN said:

1. The 2 Auburn runners
2. B. Edwards.

You don't think different scouts rate players differently?

Mort thinks that Jp would be ranked higher than both Rogers and Smith if he was in this years draft. I know it's just his opinion but for someone to say that, that means both Smith and Rogers aren't really franchise qb's that should be in the no.1 and 2 spots. Kinda like Couch.

Agent51 said:

Some of you are getting a little pathetic in your attempts to belittle Alex Smith, do you really think what you say is going to have any affect where this kid gets drafted?

Whether one scout thinks they are top two or top ten is irrelevent, they are still top prospects in this draft and being quarterbacks are in a little different category.

It makes no difference whether this scout thinks Smith is special or not, it will not have one bit of effect as to whether he is or not. The only opinion that matters is Nick Saban.

Did this same scout think Losman was worth the first rounder they gave up in this draft to get him?

If Losman flops are this scouts opinions even worth listening too regarding other quarterbacks?

MDFINFAN said:

1. The 2 Auburn runners
2. B. Edwards.

yeah I saw that interview...........Dont mean jack. He is just spouting the same dribble everyone else is spouting.

BlueFin said:
Did this same scout think Losman was worth the first rounder they gave up in this draft to get him?
he's neither right nor wrong :D.

BlueFin said:
Some of you are getting a little pathetic in your attempts to belittle Alex Smith, do you really think what you say is going to have any affect where this kid gets drafted?

Whether one scout thinks they are top two or top ten is irrelevent, they are still top prospects in this draft and being quarterbacks are in a little different category.

It makes no difference whether this scout thinks Smith is special or not, it will not have one bit of effect as to whether he is or not. The only opinion that matters is Nick Saban.

If Losman flops are this scouts opinions even worth listening too regarding other quarterbacks?

Dude, first of all, nobody mentioned anything about our posts affecting where he is taken. Second, I freakin DEFENDED everyone's precious Smith in that post by saying that the scout was prolly making that list on personal BPA, not basing it on top team needs or top teams BPA considerations, then I went on to say that Saban prolly has him at the top of his boards, so simmer down. Don't be so quick to praise and unproven "talent" and we may not be so quick to down him.

Back
Top Bottom