Interesting Video | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting Video

We did do this in practice...when we had the gm b4 grier... think he came from the Bucs

For those not willing to watch the video. The guy in the video says the Eagles used a computer program to call plays based on sensors attached to players that measured their fatigue. They also say in the video that the Eagles won the Super Bowl because of this program.

The example given is a quarterback that is fatigued will be pulled after a third down and a new one is sent in to go for it on fourth down and the play will work because it is a fresh player. At least that is how I understood it. According to this video the guy who made the program and used it to call plays is now working with the Dolphins.
Wow!!!!!!!

Why not? I've tried every possible combination of apparel, superstition, and gameday ritual over the last 30+ years, and nothing seems to work. Might as well give the robots a chance.
HeHe........in twenty years, there may be Robots on the field, and a Madden Geek controlling them from the pressbox!!!!! :out:

I wonder , assuming there is merit to this, should we all drop a few bucks on the W/L record predicted for the 'fins?

There is considerable merit to analytics and every NFL team uses them to some degree. The unknown is how far analytics can control the game. In this case, pulling a fatigued player has been done for years. All this adds is a more accurate measurement

I'm all for analytics but allowing only 1 team to perform physical analytics in real time is an inherent advantage. There needs to be a rule where the NFL has to approve any new method before implementation so all organizations are aware. I equate this to one team having the Mic helmet and the other not.

I'm all for analytics but allowing only 1 team to perform physical analytics in real time is an inherent advantage. There needs to be a rule where the NFL has to approve any new method before implementation so all organizations are aware. I equate this to one team having the Mic helmet and the other not.

I can't go that far. Again, every team uses analytic. EVERY team. Not all to the same degree. Not all use them for the same purpose. every team has access to the 'helmet mic.' Their choosing not to use it doesn't negate the use by other teams. I DO think it can be taken to far. I'd be quite concerned with a computer calling plays, although, realistically, humans feed the data to the program.

I can't go that far. Again, every team uses analytic. EVERY team. Not all to the same degree. Not all use them for the same purpose. every team has access to the 'helmet mic.' Their choosing not to use it doesn't negate the use by other teams. I DO think it can be taken to far. I'd be quite concerned with a computer calling plays, although, realistically, humans feed the data to the program.
I'm speaking directly about physical monitoring devices being worn during a game. Yes all teams use analytics now but when you allow actual physical monitoring devices without full NFL review there is an issue. It's absolutely like one team having helmet mics and the other team not. During games if one team has an issue with that tech the other team is not allowed to use it. I'm not sure how this is different. To me this creates an unbalanced advantage.

I'm speaking directly about physical monitoring devices being worn during a game. Yes all teams use analytics now but when you allow actual physical monitoring devices without full NFL review there is an issue. It's absolutely like one team having helmet mics and the other team not. During games if one team has an issue with that tech the other team is not allowed to use it. I'm not sure how this is different. To me this creates an unbalanced advantage.

I don't think we disagree as much as we have different starting points. I doubt the creators of the physical monitoring devices went to one team. I doubt only one team found those devices. All teams aware of the devices made a judgement call on the use them. BTW, didn't watch the video. Did the speaker say PHIL was the only team to use them?

I don't think we disagree as much as we have different starting points. I doubt the creators of the physical monitoring devices went to one team. I doubt only one team found those devices. All teams aware of the devices made a judgement call on the use them. BTW, didn't watch the video. Did the speaker say PHIL was the only team to use them?
Lol I didn't watch it either

But my take is the NFL needs to define physical devises first. There should be a rule where the creator presents to nfl then NFL introduces. This to me is different than scouring the rule book to implement questionable plays ie Belicheat. I've seen these devises on you tube where they track velocity, hit speed, impact ie. But from what I inferred those were not legal during games.

This guy claims every single NFL player wears monitoring devices. I call total BS.
Who wants to bet that now this guy is with Miami the NFL makes a huge deal out of it. I'm on board with new rules and I have no doubt Goodell will now address as the advantage resides in miami.

Sorry......don't agree with your view at all.
Some will be left behind........that's just the way it works.

Sorry......don't agree with your view at all.
Some will be left behind........that's just the way it works.
Ok so where does it end? Can I create an shoulder/elbow brace with AI That assists qbs? And not present to nfl as a whole but only my favorite team?
Edit: also keep in mind the NFL operates as a whole more than individual teams. Very diff from let say MLB. Are you okay with teams bringing in physical devises during games that are not available to all teams?

Ok so where does it end? Can I create an shoulder/elbow brace with AI That assists qbs? And not present to nfl as a whole but only my favorite team?
Edit: also keep in mind the NFL operates as a whole more than individual teams. Very diff from let say MLB. Are you okay with teams bringing in physical devises during games that are not available to all teams?

thats actually a great idea. pads that vibrate at different strengths and locations depending on how close the defender is to sacking him. Tannehill would be a star

Back
Top Bottom