Interesting.... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting....

What separates good from great is the ability to put up those numbers when you don't have a clean pocket. No QB has a clean pocket on every drop back.
Agreed 100%. It also shows how important it is to have a good O-line if you have a good not great QB. You'd think of all of the teams in professional football we would have been the first to learn that lesson.

I like Rosen, I would keep him and build around him,

but let's all be honest with ourselves

Brady has more energy when he's hung over & hasn't slept for 2 days than Rosen on his best day.

Brady is rarely hit much less sacked. When he IS pressured consistently in a game he usually drops to the ground like a little girl and he often loses those games. The Giants proved that in the two SBs and even Miami used to rattle him a lot in many of the games that the Fins won in Miami over the years. He wouldn't have survived the last several years playing behind Miami's OL.

Brady is rarely hit much less sacked. When he IS pressured consistently in a game he usually drops to the ground like a little girl and he often loses those games. The Giants proved that in the two SBs and even Miami used to rattle him a lot in many of the games that the Fins won in Miami over the years. He wouldn't have survived the last several years playing behind Miami's OL.
So far this season, Brady - 3 sacks, Fitzpatrick - 6 sacks, Rosen - 11 sacks

What separates good from great is the ability to put up those numbers when you don't have a clean pocket. No QB has a clean pocket on every drop back.

this exactly. jeff george and ryan leaf would have been stars in this league with clean pockets on every snap. to me josh rosen falls in that same category even more than 17. problem is, in january, clean pockets are hard to come by.

I would say a good chunk of Rosen’s clean pocket attempts have been screen passes....he isn’t getting any time to throw it otherwise.

It’s kind of a meaningless stat unless ypp is taken into account.

This. And when he does get hit, he screams at the refs like an entitled little baby. I really can’t stand the guy. Also, he would not have been a great QB Pre “you can’t hit the QB rules”. No way anyone will ever convince me of that. He really is a puss.

this exactly. jeff george and ryan leaf would have been stars in this league with clean pockets on every snap. to me josh rosen falls in that same category even more than 17. problem is, in january, clean pockets are hard to come by.

I agree w the premise but my recollection of Ryan Leaf is he was so bad he couldn’t hit a WR playing 11 men on 0.

It's obvious Josh Rosen can sling the rock.

I think we will see a crisper version of our offense against Washington. If Drake can continue to provide some kind of burst in the running game he should complete a lot of balls next Sunday. The extra time to prepare for an opponent who hasn't found and recovered from their rock bottom yet is the perfect situation for him to show what he's got. I know it's a lot of fans biggest fear that we win this game (or the Cincy game) so we can't expect any objectivity. Unless he plays bad. Then the honest evaluations will flow.

He controls his own fate.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom