Interesting.... | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting....

With all due respect, and article from before the last super bowl was even played and we had hired the first coach does little to solidify their current direction. Nor does an opinion piece by Jackson which is based heavily off the previously mentioned article. Our two current QB's weren't even on the radar at that point and for that matter, neither was 90% of our roster.

Again, nothing out there other than fan's desire being stated as "obvious" fact. I don't mean that directed at you, just in general. I don't even think next years plan of draft is determined as we speak. There is a whole lot of football season left to determine next years direction. Maybe it's Tua.....maybe it's Herbert.....maybe it's Hurts.....maybe it's trading out for more picks. That will all be much more determined 2 months from now.

With all due respect, and article from before the last super bowl was even played and we had hired the first coach does little to solidify their current direction. Nor does an opinion piece by Jackson which is based heavily off the previously mentioned article. Our two current QB's weren't even on the radar at that point and for that matter, neither was 90% of our roster.

Again, nothing out there other than fan's desire being stated as "obvious" fact. I don't mean that directed at you, just in general. I don't even think next years plan of draft is determined as we speak. There is a whole lot of football season left to determine next years direction. Maybe it's Tua.....maybe it's Herbert.....maybe it's Hurts.....maybe it's trading out for more picks. That will all be much more determined 2 months from now.

The team has a desire to find a QB, that has been stated by the owner and by actions of the team (moving in the 2nd round to grab Rosen). The team has continued to tear this team down...after acquiring Rosen, I mean they actually went out and relieved the team of players that can help this team win. This was after the team had time to work with Rosen in camp and the preseason. The team went full-on tank for that number one overall. There is no team that does that unless they are targeting a QB. The is one cream QB in this group then a pretty steep drop to the next group.

Everything the team has said and done points to them being all-in on Tua.

The team has a desire to find a QB, that has been stated by the owner and by actions of the team (moving in the 2nd round to grab Rosen). The team has continued to tear this team down...after acquiring Rosen, I mean they actually went out and relieved the team of players that can help this team win. This was after the team had time to work with Rosen in camp and the preseason. The team went full-on tank for that number one overall. There is no team that does that unless they are targeting a QB. The is one cream QB in this group then a pretty steep drop to the next group.

Everything the team has said and done points to them being all-in on Tua.

Look I am not trying to be some dissenting voice going against the popular thought. I honestly would welcome Tua or whoever if they are going to help this team win. I'm not pushing for anyone other than Rosen, but only bc that would mean we can use those picks to build even more. I'm not a Rosen fanboy and I couldn't care less if he comes or goes except in relation to the aforementioned sentiment. If he becomes capable, that is much better for this team. I don't think the actions the team has taken speaks to really anything other than stock piling picks to build for next year and beyond. I don't believe for a second this is ALL about one QB.

My point is that Ross saying he likes Tua back before the Super Bowl was even played is not an indicator of what is going on now 4 games in to this season. IMO it's simply wishful thinking being spun bc so many people are a fan of Tua....and more likely, a fan of the drama and splash we would make by choosing a fist overall QB. Most fans of this team haven't seen the highest touted QB in a draft come to this team.....ever. Their desire for that excitement is what it appears to drive their love and "certainty" for Tua. There is ZERO fact that we are targeting anyone in particular and stating otherwise is silly imo.

Put it this way. How are you going to feel if for some unforeseen reason Tua begins to fall off the rest of the season? I mean really fall of and become pedestrian as they play tougher teams? and then say......Hurts and Herbert start rising to the competition and ball out. Are you still going to be pushing for Tua?

Please let me know where this info is. I keep hearing this yet not one person can point to even the slightest inside info or public statement to back it up. All I hear is personal desire justified with the same subjective statements.

Why does everybody say that?
I think the fact that Grier has pretty consistently talked about taking a quarterback in the first round. That, plus the whole tanks seems to point to someone like Tua. Of course, who really knows? Maybe it is all a smokescreen, but I don't know if you tank for a DE like Young??

That tops it all. :lol:

I mean seriously. Say he doesn't win enough. Say he doesn't throw enough TDs. Say he does throw too many INTs.
But please stop from trying to determine what goes on in his mind or how he approaches the game. You have no clue. Zero. Nill. Nada. That is pure 'hatred'/dislike toward Rosen. My goodness. :bobdole:
I know!
"Feelings" about what is in SOMEONE else's mind!

If you are of the opinion that Miami will pass on a QB this next draft, you are willfully ignorant.

I think the fact that Grier has pretty consistently talked about taking a quarterback in the first round. That, plus the whole tanks seems to point to someone like Tua. Of course, who really knows? Maybe it is all a smokescreen, but I don't know if you tank for a DE like Young??
He did? He did say we will take a QB? And he did say it consistently? The only time I heard him talk in details about QBs was last March or so after we traded Tannehill. And the way that went was that all options are open for the draft 2019 and 2020 and Fitzpatrick was brought in for his leadership and ability to teach a young QB. Then we got Rosen in the draft. The only time he talks now about QBs is when it comes to Rosen and his development.

I am sure QB is an option. It always is an option but it would be ridiculous to say "we are drafting a QB with our top pick" when you are trying to develop a young QB.

Unless you bring me a quote where Grier said after the last draft that we will be taking a QB with our top picks I consider it wishful thinking (which does not make it reality).

What separates good from great is the ability to put up those numbers when you don't have a clean pocket. No QB has a clean pocket on every drop back.

Good response but most of the other up and coming QB’s have good teams around them Prescot, Wentz and even Mitch (who I think is over rated) I’m not including Malhomes

What separates good from great is the ability to put up those numbers when you don't have a clean pocket. No QB has a clean pocket on every drop back.
I like to see the numbers QBs have from a not clean pocket. Is there any who puts up a 114 rating? I am asking not to sound smart ass. I am genuinely interested.

I like to see the numbers QBs have from a not clean pocket. Is there any who puts up a 114 rating? I am asking not to sound smart ***. I am genuinely interested.
We've already been over this. So far this season Rosen has the highest QB rating in a clean pocket. It's been two games. Last season... in thirteen games... he was the worst rated QB with a clean pocket.

This is the greatest indicator in how I know how biased you are. You cling to the 2 game sample size while I cling to the 13 game sample size. You say I'm anti-Rosen, but given that he was bad in a clean pocket in 87% of his starts, that actually makes me the realist and you a Rosen homer.

But wait! Maybe there's a scenario #3 where Rosen greatly improved in this regard. I also said that it was a possibility and we'd find out as he starts more games so I'm open minded.

We've already been over this. So far this season Rosen has the highest QB rating in a clean pocket. It's been two games. Last season... in thirteen games... he was the worst rated QB with a clean pocket.

This is the greatest indicator in how I know how biased you are. You cling to the 2 game sample size while I cling to the 13 game sample size. You say I'm anti-Rosen, but given that he was bad in a clean pocket in 87% of his starts, that actually makes me the realist and you a Rosen homer.

But wait! Maybe there's a scenario #3 where Rosen greatly improved in this regard. I also said that it was a possibility and we'd find out as he starts more games so I'm open minded.
Dude, back off now and stop putting words in my mouth. I haven't said a dam thing about Rosen's numbers from a clean pocket. Someone else posted the numbers and I responded to someone who said that those numbers should be done without a clean pocket which separates the good from the great. So I was asking for the numbers.

I also never said that you are anti-Rosen.

Dude, back off now and stop putting words in my mouth. I haven't said a dam thing about Rosen's numbers from a clean pocket. Someone else posted the numbers and I responded to someone who said that those numbers should be done without a clean pocket which separates the good from the great. So I was asking for the numbers.

I also never said that you are anti-Rosen.
I could swear you were the one in the other thread responding to someone who posted that Rosen had the highest QB rating in a clean pocket this season. If you weren't, then that's my bad and I apologize.

Either way, this year he is the best from a clean pocket and last year he was the worst.

Back
Top Bottom