Interesting.... | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting....

I could swear you were the one in the other thread responding to someone who posted that Rosen had the highest QB rating in a clean pocket this season. If you weren't, then that's my bad and I apologize.

Either way, this year he is the best from a clean pocket and last year he was the worst.
That's quite a alright. I did post in another thread that I actually rather look at QBs when they are facing adversity and have imperfect surroundings rather than in perfect conditions. A lot of QBs can look great when everything is perfect.

If you are of the opinion that Miami will pass on a QB this next draft, you are willfully ignorant.
he never said that the team wasn't drafting a QB in the first, he's saying maybe tua isn't on there radar.

If you are of the opinion that Miami will pass on a QB this next draft, you are willfully ignorant.

I've never once so much as alluded to this. I'm not even sure the context exists in my posts to come to this conclusion. I don't care if they draft all of them. I've never said we shouldn't take one. I have only stated that it's willfully ignorant for people to constantly state their desire and opinion as fact when it comes to our FO concocting this entire season for the sole purpose of drafting one specific player. Maybe it's Tua, maybe it's not. There is just nothing out there that's been remotely said by the team to be able to categorically state for a fact that we are all in on Tua....or anyone. but I keep hearing how much of a foregone conclusion the 2020 draft is. "They are all or nothing in on Tua". Nothing but wishful thinking.

While we're on it though, can anyone give me the logic of hoping that Rosen does nothing to improve or excel to the point that we don't need to draft a QB? I'm not saying he will or is, just the concept that every Tua fanboy is spouting off just bashing any improvement that could derail their 2020 draft party. Why aren't these people rooting for the best outcome for the TEAM? I'm open for that outcome being numerous things, most are only open to one outcome......Tua or it's not going to work. Talk about willfully ignorant.

He did? He did say we will take a QB? And he did say it consistently? The only time I heard him talk in details about QBs was last March or so after we traded Tannehill. And the way that went was that all options are open for the draft 2019 and 2020 and Fitzpatrick was brought in for his leadership and ability to teach a young QB. Then we got Rosen in the draft. The only time he talks now about QBs is when it comes to Rosen and his development.

I am sure QB is an option. It always is an option but it would be ridiculous to say "we are drafting a QB with our top pick" when you are trying to develop a young QB.

Unless you bring me a quote where Grier said after the last draft that we will be taking a QB with our top picks I consider it wishful thinking (which does not make it reality).
I don't think the team is stripped to this magnitude unless you have your eye on a franchise quarterback. Maybe that changes, though, if Rosen plays really well.

.....Tua or it's not going to work. Talk about willfully ignorant.
Right!
Anyone putting all their eggs in one players basket are really in for disappointment according to past results in the draft.
It's ALL a crapshoot.
What did "Suck for Luck" accomplish for the Colts? A couple division championships and a quick exit from the playoffs. Hell, we've had that from Fiedler and Tannehill.
Can ANYONE actually deny that the last big "TANK" was for Luck? No!
What did he Win? How about the losing seasons while he was there?

I've never once so much as alluded to this. I'm not even sure the context exists in my posts to come to this conclusion. I don't care if they draft all of them. I've never said we shouldn't take one. I have only stated that it's willfully ignorant for people to constantly state their desire and opinion as fact when it comes to our FO concocting this entire season for the sole purpose of drafting one specific player. Maybe it's Tua, maybe it's not. There is just nothing out there that's been remotely said by the team to be able to categorically state for a fact that we are all in on Tua....or anyone. but I keep hearing how much of a foregone conclusion the 2020 draft is. "They are all or nothing in on Tua". Nothing but wishful thinking.

While we're on it though, can anyone give me the logic of hoping that Rosen does nothing to improve or excel to the point that we don't need to draft a QB? I'm not saying he will or is, just the concept that every Tua fanboy is spouting off just bashing any improvement that could derail their 2020 draft party. Why aren't these people rooting for the best outcome for the TEAM? I'm open for that outcome being numerous things, most are only open to one outcome......Tua or it's not going to work. Talk about willfully ignorant.

I can give the logic. Tua is a 'generational' talent. He WILL be better than Wilson, Mahomes, watson, pick-a-name. ZERO chance he will be anything less than that. Only top 10? NO!!!! Average? Bust? NO!!!!! Rosen can't play well enough to negate the Tua draft. And in case Rosen DOES show elite talent, Miami should STILL draft Tua and have TWO elite talents. That logic isn't difficult to understand. Those of us willing to see what Rosen can do are less than human and have no interest in a 'real' QB.

Like, I think, everyone here, if Rosen doesn't impress, try for a top QB. Maybe the target of fans won't be the target of Flo (no, I don't think Grier will overrule him). As I've said a few times, maybe Rosen will be 'good enough,' maybe not. I think the Tua guys are right on one thing, consistent playoff teams need a top QB

What separates good from great is the ability to put up those numbers when you don't have a clean pocket. No QB has a clean pocket on every drop back.
Also, a "clean pocket" can be pretty subjective

So you agree with the idea that Miami is rebuilding and agree with Ross that few wins are acceptable as the team drafts it's franchise QB in this coming draft (or Rosen as they "drafted him last year". To believe that the team is not completely on board with this (and if not, you are traded) is to be willfully ignorant. You don't sound ignorant.

Right!
Anyone putting all their eggs in one players basket are really in for disappointment according to past results in the draft.
It's ALL a crapshoot.
What did "Suck for Luck" accomplish for the Colts? A couple division championships and a quick exit from the playoffs. Hell, we've had that from Fiedler and Tannehill.

He won as many superbowls as Marino, and when he started all 16 games they never won less than 10 games.

Right!
It's ALL a crapshoot.
I understand what you are saying but Luck was an outstanding QB.

This is Finheaven. He never got to the Super Bowl, and he took a lot of sacks. He must have sucked.
We would have been thrilled to have him as a starter for 8 years. And his comeback in the playoffs vs the Chiefs was legendary. Sign me up.

Right!
It's ALL a crapshoot.

False a couple is 2 and between Fielder and Tannehill they have a combined 1 division title while Luck actually has a couple as in 2. Also they made it to the AFC championship game which we haven't been to since 1992.

Luck doesn't have a losing season when starting at least 15 games, and his 4 playoff wins are more than we've had the last 20 years. Mostly what Luck accomplished for the Colts was hope. Just like Dolfans had hope every year Marino was a starter, Colt fans had hope that this year was the year. Especially after going to the AFC championship game in only his 3rd year and then again after finally getting him an OL they were supposed to be legitimate SB contenders.

When is the last time a dolphin QB inspired real hope among us? That when the chips were down and we needed 1 TD or 1 win or 1 1st down that we knew we had THAT guy to give us a chance. I certainly didn't believe Fiedler could overcome an elite defense or that Tannehill could overcome anything besides perfect playing conditions.

False a couple is 2 and between Fielder and Tannehill they have a combined 1 division title while Luck actually has a couple as in 2. Also they made it to the AFC championship game which we haven't been to since 1992.

Luck doesn't have a losing season when starting at least 15 games, and his 4 playoff wins are more than we've had the last 20 years. Mostly what Luck accomplished for the Colts was hope. Just like Dolfans had hope every year Marino was a starter, Colt fans had hope that this year was the year. Especially after going to the AFC championship game in only his 3rd year and then again after finally getting him an OL they were supposed to be legitimate SB contenders.

When is the last time a dolphin QB inspired real hope among us? That when the chips were down and we needed 1 TD or 1 win or 1 1st down that we knew we had THAT guy to give us a chance. I certainly didn't believe Fiedler could overcome an elite defense or that Tannehill could overcome anything besides perfect playing conditions.
Preach. 100%.

Back
Top Bottom