Interesting | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interesting

I think we should all just stayed tuned concerning that. Could be nothing, could be something, that's what Saban wants us to do, is speculate.

One thing I know for sure is you never know what's going to happen when Ricky Williams is involved.

If they say anything until a year is up he will get suspended for a year. So dont look for anything to be said or done until the one year anniversary of his retirement.

Calgaryfin said:
Now that the draft is over so is the talk of Ricky returning. Saban playing games again like he did with Brayllon Edwards?:wink:
Why does anybody care how we dealt with Braylon? Unfortunately the only way you are going to make any deals in the NFL is to not be totally honest. Look at the way Minnesota got us to give up a 4th round draft pick last year for Carey. That's the nature of the beast and you either play the game or you get left behind. Everybody wanted us to trade down, the only way that was going to happen was to give the impression that we were goin to take Edwards.

FIREMEDIC822 said:
If they say anything until a year is up he will get suspended for a year. So dont look for anything to be said or done until the one year anniversary of his retirement.
Says who? There is nothing wrong with a statement such as "Ricky Williams has decided he will come back to football after his one year is up"

The rule only goes into affect if Ricky actually files for reinstatement before the year is up. The NFL can't incur a rule to a person who is free to think and do as they please.

Schleprock said:
Says who? There is nothing wrong with a statement such as "Ricky Williams has decided he will come back to football after his one year is up"

The rule only goes into affect if Ricky actually files for reinstatement before the year is up. The NFL can't incur a rule to a person who is free to think and do as they please.

There is nothing wrong with that statement except that it relies on Ricky's word that he would return.
However, if the NFL should determine that Ricky had participated in any was as a player before his year was up (using Dolphin facilities to get in shape, receiving Dolphin study materials,etc.) then he could still be suspended, even if he had not formally filed for reinstatement.

Schleprock said:

When has Saban said anything until it happens? I got my dates mixed up and it is in july sometime. That is what I was saying. I am not going to argue the constitution with you but the NFL would be all over that statement if it was said prior to the PROPER date.

yankeehillbilly said:
June 1 has nothing to do with it.
Ricky can't return in any capacity until July or he loses the year.

I was under the assumption june was the date but I guess it is july. That is what was meant by the June comment.

We should expect NOTHING from Ricky Williams. The man stabbed us all in the back. Even if he was the greatest running back in the history of the NFL (which he isn't), I, for one, don't ever want that turd back on my team. Bringing him back would be a slap in the face of all the players who WANT to play for the Miami Dolphins. The guys who battled for us every week, even though we had a bad year.

TrueDolFan said:
We should expect NOTHING from Ricky Williams. The man stabbed us all in the back. Even if he was the greatest running back in the history of the NFL (which he isn't), I, for one, don't ever want that turd back on my team. Bringing him back would be a slap in the face of all the players who WANT to play for the Miami Dolphins. The guys who battled for us every week, even though we had a bad year.

I guess nobody is entitled to make a mistake? The guy has social anxiety disorder and what he did was part of his sickness. The guy was terrified of getting caught doing something that the public looks down on. Would you welcome him back if he failed that test and had a year long suspension? Let the guy have his mulligan. At least this time if he falters we have a young stud in Ronnie Brown that can take the reins and go. If he doesnt falter who better then RW for RB to learn from and split carries. Think about it our backfield would be second to none.:eek:

Back
Top Bottom