Interior Defensive Line | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interior Defensive Line

Kingdom Come

Active Roster
Reaction score
Does everyone realize that right now the Dolphins have the worst Interior defensive line rotation in the NFL?

Does everybody get that??

Does everyone also realize the Dolphins are planning on starting a rookie(for all intents and purposes) at MLB??

Am I missing something, or have the Dolphins again been grossly negligent with the offseason??

Who is going to be our run stuffer?? I like Jordan Phillips, gut he is about as bad as it gets at finding the football.

I'm curious; what are your expectations for this DL??

I hope we aren't putting our hope in Hayes sliding inside, because that may have some promise in certain situations but it isn't the answer.

Godchaux showed some promise but he ranked in the bottom fourth of the league and so did Phillips. Taylor is a five technique IMO and will never excel at 3 technique.

Surely Gabe Wright has suddenly become relevant....right?

Dose anyone have vision concerning this disturbing situation??

Anybody see a real difference maker left in this draft? A first year guy with the all around game to play significant snaps??

I generally agree with the OP but maybe not at the same level of intensity!

I do believe we are desperate for a 1 Tech so we don’t get killed by the run game or even someone for short yardage situations.

Below is what looks like some of the better remaining nose tackle types.

Round 2

TIM SETTLE

VIRGINIA TECH

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/tim-settle?id=32462018-0002-5601-905d-2aba6fe19f35

Round 3

FOLEY FATUKASI

CONNECTICUT

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/foley-fatukasi?id=32462018-0002-5599-79ae-ee18a60303d9

Round 4

KENDRICK NORTON

MIAMI

https://www.nfl.com/prospects/kendrick -norton?id=32462018-0002-5602-364e-9669921073d4

This team has a lot of holes OP, but we just plugged one of the biggest ones up last night. We actually drafted someone that excels at covering TE and have a legitimate cover 1/3 free safety

This team has a lot of holes OP, but we just plugged one of the biggest ones up last night. We actually drafted someone that excels at covering TE and have a legitimate cover 1/3 free safety
Actually there were a plethora of guys who fit that bill available in free agency. That is why this FO .....they are who we thought they were.

you're right- we should have been signing free agents in January and February, would have really got a jump on the rest of the league...
Can you name a few of these please, and also please tell me how this played well with out current salary cap position. Last time i checked we had a bunch of overpaid free agents that didnt help this team at all. The only way to right this ship is to draft high quality (cheap) leaders like a minkah, not keep overpaying middle of the road free agents. Other than smith in the first there is no other lber that was worth a top draft pick which is why edmunds dropped.

giphy.gif

Can you name a few of these please, and also please tell me how this played well with out current salary cap position. Last time i checked we had a bunch of overpaid free agents that didnt help this team at all. The only way to right this ship is to draft high quality (cheap) leaders like a minkah, not keep overpaying middle of the road free agents. Other than smith in the first there is no other lber that was worth a top draft pick which is why edmunds dropped.
/sarcasm

Back
Top Bottom