Interview With New Hc Flores | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Interview With New Hc Flores

Honest though and i like that. What else was he going to say this was my dream job since age 5.

Totally agreed. That type of honesty was kind of a breath of fresh air in an industry that typically uses nothing but coach speak. No BS fluff about having a good core group of guys.

Right, but how is he going to establish trust when the team is basically admitting that they will be competing for the number one overall pick in 2020? It’s going to be very difficult to establish that trust as HC when a lot of losing is expected early on... BB won his first super bowl in NE in Year 2 which bought him the cred to build a truly selfless team for 2 decades after.

I think it can be done by stating right away "we are building from the ground up - if you want to be a part of it follow me". If a player can't get on board with long term goals, barring a vet close to retirement which we shouldn't be chasing anyway, then maybe he's not a good fit.

It's going to be a bumpy road. Hopefully the Miami media doesn't get to him too much. It was trying to find previous press conferences from Flores.

All signs indicate this dude did a pretty solid job handling the D against 3 top offenses and

let's be real he's not gonna come in here and put the focus on himself -- it is a huge TEAM game.

I think most players want the satisfaction of playing in a strong team environment -- which as Flores

stated -- does not negate individuality. I like his quiet demeanor and undercurrent of confidence --

which equals composure in my book -- not a bad quality to project from the top down. I also like

the simple fact he's all about work ethic -- and if he's seen anything in NE it's the simple fact the

most talented group of individuals (lacking team focus dedicated HARD WORK) will not win

championships. Sure, we all know you've got to have the horses to be competitive but

team chemistry and top down focus on hard work/dedication (lots of film study and

out-prepare the competition) seems to be a predictable "winner."

Now we get to see... And I think the product on the field is going to be a LOT different

than we've grown accustomed to. I fully expect we'll lose a LOT next season due to roster purge

youth movement but I don't see us playing the same kind of "Sybil inspired" football...

Last, I'm not of the persuasion that we have to "tank" and wind up with a top 3 pick next year

to turn this franchise around and land the "promised land" QB. This dude just proved

you can still win with great D and a rock sold team dynamic.

BNF. Totally committed to the optimistic outcome...

It's going to be a bumpy road. Hopefully the Miami media doesn't get to him too much. It was trying to find previous press conferences from Flores.

He doesn't strike me as the personality-type who they'll WANT to get on - he appears very humble, grounded, and genuine. Just that will buy him more time than say, an Adam Gase-type would get before they pounce.

Dang, some tough standards by some Dolphin fans.

Flores literally 20 hours before hadn't even started calling plays for the Super Bowl. Who knows how much sleep he got, flies down to Miami to get announced as new HC. Then some fans criticize him because he didn't give the most polished answer in first interview (I'm assuming first interview) as a Dolphin.

Personally, I think he has handled this situation exemplary. Has all the makings of a great HC.

Looks like WalterFootball gave Miami a D grade for the hire. He goes on to say how all the Patriot assistants go on to suck as head coaches elsewhere.

Seems like a decent guy. Not very charismatic and he doesn't exactly exude confidence, but it's early.

I will say that I like Flores better than Gase already... but I will miss his googly eyes.

Dang, some tough standards by some Dolphin fans.

Flores literally 20 hours before hadn't even started calling plays for the Super Bowl. Who knows how much sleep he got, flies down to Miami to get announced as new HC. Then some fans criticize him because he didn't give the most polished answer in first interview (I'm assuming first interview) as a Dolphin.

Personally, I think he has handled this situation exemplary. Has all the makings of a great HC.
If he doesn’t win the division by next Monday I want him fired.

Looks like WalterFootball gave Miami a D grade for the hire. He goes on to say how all the Patriot assistants go on to suck as head coaches elsewhere.
And he gave Zac Taylor a C- and Gase an A+

If those don't invalidate his relative opinion I don't know what does :shrug:

Back
Top Bottom