Intro To Chandler Cox: 7th Rd | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro To Chandler Cox: 7th Rd

How many times in the past we've been on 3rd and short and we know that we're not gonna get the first down? Now we got a real FB so it should help our offense stay on the field.

Most SEC football people feel he’s a cheap shot artist. He’s known mostly for going low and taking out the knees of defenders resulting in torn ACL’s and ended seasons (Hootie Jones, Jonathan Kongbo, etc.)

Has to clean that up in the NFL. They’re not going to let that stuff fly.

Ill call it right now. This guy is in the backfield protecting the QB in shotgun sets and then leaking out now and then and running angle routes for those classic Pat style first downs.

Not sure if everyone realizes this, but the Patriots used a FB fairly often. Their running game usually consisted of running vs. passing defenses, punishing them, and getting them out of passing defenses. Then, they'd pass against base defenses. Sounds simple, but it only works if your OL can move people and make the run game work. So, we drafted two OL who have the power to move people. Then later in the game when you want to push through short yardage or grind clock, they use the FB to get an extra blocker. Most of the NFL does this either by using a TE or an extra OL listed as a TE, but the FB's are guys who are smaller and lower to the ground, to generate greater power and leverage at the point of attack to literally blow open those holes for the RB.

Yes, there is a smash-mouth element to this offense. Yes, the FB embraces that. We were always going to add one of these guys, it is a part of the solution for the run game. I had always assumed it would be a combo FB/TE, but not so sure whether that is who Cox is. They may view him more as a combo FB/RB. I assume he will make the team in one of those two roles.

There were other FB's out there, and we probably could have gotten one as an UDFA, so I assume they know exactly how they want to use him.

Most SEC football people feel he’s a cheap shot artist. He’s known mostly for going low and taking out the knees of defenders resulting in torn ACL’s and ended seasons (Hootie Jones, Jonathan Kongbo, etc.)

Has to clean that up in the NFL. They’re not going to let that stuff fly.

I like him even more now. You can't be a choir boy and play that position. I want an enforcer there..

I like him even more now. You can't be a choir boy and play that position. I want an enforcer there..

Well, all I’m saying is you may actually want to see the blocks before you start jerking him off. They weren’t “enforcer” blocks. They were cheap shots directed intentionally at kid’s knees.

They’re illegal in the NFL. The rules won’t allow it.

Until teams have guys retaliate on our players.

You can be an enforcer without being dirty. I didn't watch much tape on Cox because there was really no reason to....still surprised we drafted a fullback.....but i trust Slimm.

Well, all I’m saying is you may actually want to see the blocks before you start jerking him off. They weren’t “enforcer” blocks. They were cheap shots directed intentionally at kid’s knees.

They’re illegal in the NFL. The rules won’t allow it.

Jerk him off? How dare you insinuate that? The man hasn't even bought me dinner yet.

Sounds like you might be biased here Mr. Alabama. Did he happen to take out a particular Gump you were rooting for?

Miami needs nasty players. I have no problem seeing a penalty here and there (they happen anyway).

Jerk him off? How dare you insinuate that? The man hasn't even bought me dinner yet.

Sounds like you might be biased here Mr. Alabama. Did he happen to take out a particular Gump you were rooting for?

Miami needs nasty players. I have no problem seeing a penalty here and there (they happen anyway).

Funny line. Made me chuckle.

The problem with having a dirty player is that players will retaliate. You want our players to be out for the season with knee injuries?

Back
Top Bottom