Intro to Gerrid Doaks RB: RD7b | Page 14 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Gerrid Doaks RB: RD7b

Doaks is the type of back that if he plays well in camp and preseason he makes the 53 man roster. If he struggles in camp you could likely stash him on the practice squad, I doubt teams would be tripping over themselves to poach a 7th round pick that struggled in camp. I like Doaks's chances to make the 53 man roster, but practice squad could be an option too. Will be interesting to see if Miami brings in someone like Kerryon Johnson to compete with Ahmad and Doaks for the 3rd and 4th back spots.

I cant help it...whenever I see or here 'DOAKES' I think of this dude:

R6d6b23de85fd8a2a8b6b4d804968d592

People get hung up on 40 times too much. I get that you don't want a back that puts up 6.40 40 but how fast does he need to be. Typically RB's are averaging 4yds per.....you don't need 4.25 speed to run four yds. If he breaks one loose every once in a while but gets caught 35 yds down field bc he isn't a burner, I'm OK with it when he has great vision and can break tackles to avg 5-6 yds per. Yards per is what I care about more than top end speed. That's a WR trait.

Interesting take from these clowns (actually I like their podcasts).

Apparently Doaks tweeted out, during the draft, "if you want to keep your QB clean, draft me"

Got to love the attitude. Maybe we have underestimated this young man?

Apparently Doaks tweeted out, during the draft, "if you want to keep your QB clean, draft me"

Post #34

People get hung up on 40 times too much. I get that you don't want a back that puts up 6.40 40 but how fast does he need to be. Typically RB's are averaging 4yds per.....you don't need 4.25 speed to run four yds. If he breaks one loose every once in a while but gets caught 35 yds down field bc he isn't a burner, I'm OK with it when he has great vision and can break tackles to avg 5-6 yds per. Yards per is what I care about more than top end speed. That's a WR trait.
I was saying this to myself a few days ago. How often does a running back run for an 80 yard TD? Its rare. Give me a guy who falls forward for an extra yard or two and can pass protect and I'm good. Hopefully this is our guy.

If he can block, Doaks could see playing time. Protection is crucial and one aspect fans tend to overlook with running backs.

I was saying this to myself a few days ago. How often does a running back run for an 80 yard TD? Its rare. Give me a guy who falls forward for an extra yard or two and can pass protect and I'm good. Hopefully this is our guy.
Right. Look at Frank Gore. I watched him a lot in San Francisco. It was rare that he didn't add at least a yard to every run.

Never thought Hall of Fame back when watching him, but that's obviously where he's headed. Consistently good over a long period of time.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom