Intro to Gerrid Doaks RB: RD7b | Page 11 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Gerrid Doaks RB: RD7b

While I am concerned if the OL can give him a hole to accelerate through. Because last year that was a problem for the OL.

It was, but having a HB with good vision and power can still turn those 1-2 yard losses into 1-2 yard gains sometimes.

Sounds like nothing but IMO it can save a few drives over a season.

It looks to me like the dude has some athletic traits to work with. He seems like a nice guy. Looking forward to seeing what he can do.

Can someone let me know why he won’t make the team? The Dolphins have 2 running backs that are more scat backs and exactly 1 running back like him in Malcolm Brown. Doaks is a poor mans Harris/Williams.

I wouldnt discount him if I were you.

I think this kid has every chance of making the team with what's in front of him! He has all the advantages - drafted/young/low cost/no mileage on the clock.
He’s going to make the team, almost no doubt. Watching his highlights, one part of the scouting reports I’ve read I have to disagree with are his apparently not quick feet. I don’t see that at all. It just so happens that his primary style is make a cut and hit the line with power. But you see it in other highlights where he moves his feet quickly and then accelerates upfield with authority. Even in the passing game he transitions well from receiving the ball and getting turned upfield in a hurry. This is a 230 lb back that is no plodder. I think he’s a real intriguing prospect.

Also, consider the two deep safeties Miami is likely to see a lot of now that they have Waddle and Fuller. That gives a big back like this more opportunities to bust some bigger runs if he breaks through the line with a full hear

Back
Top Bottom