Intro To Isaiah Prince: 6th Rd | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro To Isaiah Prince: 6th Rd

No clue why there is such a debate over a 6th rounder. 6th round picks will always have an issue or room to get better. That's why they're not higher picks. Maybe one day Prince will start. Maybe not.

At least the Fins drafted a position of need from a big school. I'd prefer this over some D2 player that was a man among boys.

Based on a very small sample size of video I don't quite get some of the sharp crit
about this dude. We all know the "best" most NFL polished OTs go R1 or maybe a few
get grabbed early R2 -- but to land a monster in R6 who has a legit chance to emerge
as a viable starter is not so bad...

For me I really like the fact he went against Bosa at practice all those reps and that
alone should help him transition into the Pros. Of course it's all spec until the rubber
hits the road -- so we'll see.

But at least superficially I don't think it was a bad pick. And it could become a great pick.

I always wanted to like him but I never could. All you had to do was look at any of the adjacent Buckeyes linemen and all were superior.

He is simply too tall given his lack of agility. Or perhaps his height contributes to his lack of agility. Prince might be able to be hidden inside if he were a couple of inches shorter. But at 6-7ish he's an outside guy and not very good at it. He'll look fine for a while then all of a sudden the awkwardness and turnstile aspects kick in and the play is quickly ruined.

he might have no choice but to start. Jesse Davis is an RT, that's where he played....but some want him to stay at RG. We got Michael Deiter and Chris Reed in FA to play guard, so I can assume Davis is going to RT. If not, I refuse to watch Sterup again lol. Sam Young does a better job at RT than Sterup.

The majority of last year's picks made Slim's top 150. It was one of our better drafts too I'm. This year not so many of our picks made Slim's. Soo it's going to be a interesting and hopeful year to see how well Flores can coach em up. Clarity is coming.

If he can win the job and dominate in the run game, we can cover for his iffy pass blocking with a TE.
If it becomes too much of a problem, one of next year's second rounders can be employed.

My guess is that the staff is betting on coaching to clean up some things. Does look like there’s some untapped potential here. Like a college underachiever maybe

My guess is that the staff is betting on coaching to clean up some things. Does look like there’s some untapped potential here. Like a college underachiever maybe
Hope we can develop him. Hopefully we have better coaching now because the OL will need it

Hope we can develop him. Hopefully we have better coaching now because the OL will need it

Looks leggy though. If he doesn’t trust and move his feet they will gain the shoulder, chop, and clear him like he’s standing still.

Guys that long and leggy need to always keep moving their feet.

Prone to oversetting too.

Looks leggy though. If he doesn’t trust and move his feet they will gain the shoulder, chop, and clear him like he’s standing still.

Guys that long and leggy need to always keep moving their feet.

Prone to oversetting too.
I’d have to think that plan A at right tackle is Jesse Davis though right?

Tunsil - Deiter - Kilgore - Reed - Davis

Sterup probably 1st swing tackle up. Prince up next, but RT only probably

Asiata the only familiar name left as top backup... not sure on Dunn, Hilland, or Jones-Smith. Honestly all
4 of those sound like practice squad types

We need more interior depth for sure. Hopefully we can get some dudes in the second wave of FA. Mills was mentioned in the other thread.. probably doesn’t pigeon hole Davis into starting at RT (rather try him out there anyways tho)

If he can win the job and dominate in the run game, we can cover for his iffy pass blocking with a TE.
If it becomes too much of a problem, one of next year's second rounders can be employed.

That's precisely what I thought. Lots of hard chips on the R side via TE and allow the BIG to get
his position set and lock out... I'm so totally into putting DEs etc. on the ask and just flattening
the inside down block. This dude can do that I think. Give him 5 quarts of nasty and get a
fire on on a$$.

That said. He's boom or bust. No prob with that R6.

Back
Top Bottom