Intro to Kyle Van Noy | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Kyle Van Noy

Is he a LBer or DE?
Are the positions similar in today’s game?

Is he a LBer or DE?
Are the positions similar in today’s game?

He's best as a pass rushing 3-4 outside linebacker, which is essentially an end.

He's quicker than I expected when actually focusing on him, excellent lateral movement and deceptive speed.

Huge upgrades to our pass rush with him and Shaq although Shaq is more of an edge setter than pure pass rusher, regardless this defense is going to be NASTY!

Way to go Grier!

Last edited:
He's best as a pass rushing 3-4 outside linebacker, which is essentially an end.

He's quicker than I expected when actually focusing on him, excellent lateral movement and deceptive speed.

Huge upgrades to our pass rush with him and Shaq although Shaq is more of an edge setter than pure pass rusher, regardless this defense is going to be NASTY!

Way to go Grier!
So we will play a 3-4 defense?
Who will be the NT and what two will be DTs?

Yea we played a 3-4 last year too if I'm not mistaken, although in today's NFL the true base package is becoming nickle.

I would imagine our base front 7 is penciled in as this right now but it may change before week 1:

Front 3: Wilkins, Godchaux (nose), Zach Seiler (guy we got from the Ravens, probably weakest link on front 7 but guy does have potential)

LBs: Shaq, Baker, McMillan, Van Noy

Not bad at all, and we've got quality players like Sam Eguavoen, Taco, Vince Biegel, John Jenkins, and Charles Harris (f*** off) coming off the bench.

And this is just the beginning of the rebuild...

Last edited:

Way to go Grier!

That's what some are missing..You add enough of those better than what we had players and collectively, in theory, the team is much more improved.

That's what some are missing..You add enough of those better than what we had players and collectively, in theory, the team is much more improved.

The big thing is Flores seems to want a defense to play as 11 guys not two or three stars surrounded by role players. So he’s gotten a bunch of guys who are smart do their job hold onto their assignments and know exactly who and what they are supposed to cover. That gives them a lot of versatility and scheming ability with the players on the roster.

It will likely be a hybrid. Some 4-3, a lot of 3-4 but mostly 3-3-5

right now you have Wilkins/Godchaux locked in as 3-4 and 3-3-5 ends and 4-3 tackles.

Lawson will play 3-4 OLB and 4-3 DE.

Baker and McMillan locked in as ILB in 3-4, and then the main 2 LBs in the other formations.

Van Noy is a LB in both formations.

I assume We get rid of McCain - and our CBs will be Howard/Jones/Wiltz/Needham and then the rest of the guys that stuck around will battle with UDFAs for that last spot.

we need to add 2 safeties and a NT. I could see us using 2 of picks 39, 56 and 70 on safeties

right now you have Wilkins/Godchaux locked in as 3-4 and 3-3-5 ends and 4-3 tackles.

Baker and McMillan locked in as ILB in 3-4, and then the main 2 LBs in the other formations.

I assume We get rid of McCain - and our CBs will be Howard/Jones/Wiltz/Needham and then the rest of the guys that stuck around will battle with UDFAs for that last spot.

we need to add 2 safeties and a NT. I could see us using 2 of picks 39, 56 and 70 on safeties

I look at who we have on the roster now and say that Ashton Davis out of Cal is going to be a big target in the second round. He’s a plug and play free safety not a great tackler but I feel like the effort is there. I do think Winfield Junior is going to be the best out of the group but unless you are willing to pick him at 26 I don’t think he makes it to 39

Good post, and I agree with ya pretty much all over!

With this many FA defense guys, we should be able to draft heavy OL.
If we do not take a QB at 5 we could trade down a little and get several first round OL guys.

Back
Top Bottom