Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b

"As a refined prospect with polished fundamentals and a high IQ, Eichenberg is a plug-and-play starter with the potential to solidify the position for the next decade. The Notre Dame standout could also slide inside to play guard if the Dolphins want a power player at the position."
--Bucky Brooks

Let Eich, Hunt and Kindley battle it out for RT, RG and LG. Put the best player at their best position

"As a refined prospect with polished fundamentals and a high IQ, Eichenberg is a plug-and-play starter with the potential to solidify the position for the next decade. The Notre Dame standout could also slide inside to play guard if the Dolphins want a power player at the position."
--Bucky Brooks
I trust Notre Dame lineman.

Both Flo and Eich mentioned that he could play 4 positions

Go listen to Eich's presser. He has such a great attitude, I'm sure he'll be very solid wherever he ends up. I see them trying him at LG and RT.

LT - Jackson
LG - Kindley
C - Skura/Dieter/Late Pick competition
RG - Hunt
RT - Eichenberg

I like the thought of seeing this line grow together. Add a center in the top 50 next year

Isn't his arms the length of a center. That's the only thing that has me a bit worried.

Notre Dame coaches absolutely loved him. Tevon Collins might be a better OT, but I like the kid. Should be good for Tua and this Oline.

I think Eichenberg is better and more ready to play in the NFL than Jackson was coming out of college. Of course Jackson was said to be a player who would take a few years to develop his skills at the NFL level. So while Jackson may end up being the better tackle in a few years. Right now it is very possible Eichenberg is the best tackle on the roster.

It's all a work in progress, I think even moving Jackson to Tua's blindside and leaving Eichenberg at left tackle is possible.
I went back after and posted another where I now feel it's open season on all 5 positions. Put the best guys in thier best places. I don't care what position they tell people they play.

Eichenberg is a good technician - tested better than what i expected from tape, very strong. He's really powerful in the run game. I saw a RT/G.....it will all depend on how he manages the speed/power of NFL ends.

His arms are short, so we could see that show up more on the pro level. His biggest issue is leaning/reaching too much. I don't know if it's over-aggression or the arm thing but he reaches and it gets him in trouble with balance.
Thanks, PSU. Love the kid. Think he's going to succeed wherever he ends up playing for Miami. I've seen him play LT, RT and Guard. So he's definitely versatile.

Back
Top Bottom