Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b

Like with Holland, I don't hate the player or the pick, but I'm not enthused about where we picked the player (or that we traded up to get him).

All three guys we picked today are smart FB players and technically sound. They'll be good NFL players. High floor guys. Not sure that Eichenberg has the upside to trade up and take there. I can justify the Holland pick because guys who create turnovers are such a luxury.

He'll be a solid player, but there still would have been five similar OTs on the board had we stayed at 50. I guess they must have really liked him. I hope they know something that we don't.

There might be 5 similarly rated OT, but remember with draft success rate at best you're looking at maybe one starter l, one depth guy and 3 busts.

If you specifically like one of those prospects more than the others and believe in him its who you have to shoot for. Can't just go off national ratings.

There might be 5 similarly rated OT, but remember with draft success rate at best you're looking at maybe one starter l, one depth guy and 3 busts.

If you specifically like one of those prospects more than the others and believe in him its who you have to shoot for. Can't just go off national ratings.
But you have to weigh that against the potential that guy would be gone at 50, too.

You may like the player, but you might be the only team that thinks he's the starter out of that group of five (it actually was more like a group of 10 very similar-rated guys when the run began).

You end up bidding against yourself as a result. And you give up a draft pick the following year who has the potential to be another starter.

If Eichenberg develops into a 10 year starter at tackle for us, no one will remember the trade up. We gave up too much value on the trade chart to move up and get Xavien Howard, but nobody talks about it cause it landed us X.
Agree w the first part but if you get X type play than you didn’t give up too much (in hindsight)

We now have two young, highly drafted Tackles. If they can man their spots for a long time and be good players than “check” on that.

this is the competition Notre Dame faced this past season; understanding that Eichenberg was durable enough to play all 13 games and having a second season where he did not give up a single QB sack IMO portends very well for our future

1620052351451.png

I don't see that at all. Jackson will stay at LT and Eichenberg will be the RT.
We will see I guess. I doubt he is starting at LT come game 6 or 7. Eichenberg is gonna be very steady, even as a rookie

Back
Top Bottom