Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b | Page 10 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Liam Eichenberg OT: RD2b

First I hope this player is a Pro Bowler.
better for the team, I do a tremendous amount of reading on players up to the draft listen to NFL all day and varying opinions, I watch all Notre Dame Games. I’m not Sure that a true Right tackle would not have been the better choice. Yes I really liked Tevin Jenkins , he only gave up three sacks in 1400 plus pass attempts as well at right tackle . I’m not questioning this kids toughness or heart , I am concerned about arm length in the NFL. The D coaches will use that against him. They always talk length. That’s a fact with any other bio you read.

the profiles I posted below are facts. He has never played anywhere except left Tackle so he is a projection to elsewhere? 32“3/8 arm lengths is not a positive for tackles.
I hope he can make up for that with other tangibles.
if he projects to guard or center we gave up a
three Next year for that , in the end i hope the coach and Gm have not made a mistake with the trade capitol.

1620060466726.png

1620060432138.png

I hope so. I wouldn’t bet on it.
49er - 12-5
Phins- 8-9

niners are going 12-5 after going 6-10? Lol did i I miss Montana/Rice and Willis un retiring and magically returning in their prime?

better for the team, I do a tremendous amount of reading on players up to the draft listen to NFL all day and varying opinions, I watch all Notre Dame Games. I’m not Sure that a true Right tackle would not have been the better choice. Yes I really liked Tevin Jenkins , he only gave up three sacks in 1400 plus pass attempts as well at right tackle . I’m not questioning this kids toughness or heart , I am concerned about arm length in the NFL. The D coaches will use that against him. They always talk length. That’s a fact with any other bio you read.

the profiles I posted below are facts. He has never played anywhere except left Tackle so he is a projection to elsewhere? 32“3/8 arm lengths is not a positive for tackles.
three Next year for that , in the end i hope the coach and Gm have not made a mistake with the trade capitol.

Slater has 33", will play RT, Jenkins has 32 7/8 will play RT, and Sewell is 33 1/4 and will play LT. I understand it's important and less than ideal, but if he fails at RT, I'm sure it's not because of that 5/8 of an inch.

View attachment 75348

This image is just flat out false. You can watch the video from page one and see him lined up at RT within the first couple minutes.....

Slater has 33", will play RT, Jenkins has 32 7/8 will play RT, and Sewell is 33 1/4 and will play LT. I understand it's important and less than ideal, but if he fails at RT, I'm sure it's not because of that 5/8 of an inch.
Your data on Jenkins is wrong

View attachment 75348

View attachment 75347

Brother man I also watch all notre dame games. His level is great against the talent you presented , this much is true.

I just think Liam is best suited as the weak side tackle in the nfl the reason being is he is not near the athlete A jacks is. Let's not kid ourselves , notre dame has one of the most cupcake schedules , yearly.

I think Liam is a true right tack in the pros and a different type of lineman that the dolphins don't have.

Short arms but tall and his low weight probably translates to some kind of quickness , the phins are betting on some coaching and the guy very well could be our Rt for years to come.

In conclusion my guy , we shouldn't ever over estimate or underestimate the ability of ND lineman.

Is he the best ND has produced? No but the man is solid enough and versatile enough for the nfl. Go irish!

I think Eichenberg is better and more ready to play in the NFL than Jackson was coming out of college. Of course Jackson was said to be a player who would take a few years to develop his skills at the NFL level. So while Jackson may end up being the better tackle in a few years. Right now it is very possible Eichenberg is the best tackle on the roster.
I agree with you on all of this, but it also shouldn’t be that surprising. Eichenberg is 18 months older than Jackson. Fun fact though.... I share a birthday with Eichenberg, and Jackson has the same birthday as my brother.

Back
Top Bottom