Intro to Matt Breida RB: RD 5 TRADE from SF | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Matt Breida RB: RD 5 TRADE from SF

That 83 yarder on MNF against Cleveland was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw we got him.

Pure speed.

What a steal, his stats are quite nice imo for someone who didn’t play all the games and wasn’t a starter all the time.

He doesn't seem like someone that it's going to take a truck load ofr money to re-sign. I try to keep him around for another 3 or 4 seasons if possible.

It just seems like a Patriot move...he should tear it up in a contract year...the Patriots let players go and get compensatory picks.

I see a one year rental.

Will see how he does with whatever offensive line we put together but I’m hoping for big things from him and Howard and would luv to see him sign a new deal..

With 1 year left on his contract, if he doesn’t stay healthy, this would be a waste.
Would much rather have DK dobbins and moved up 1 spot

The 49ers kinda gave up on breida towards the end of the year

In their defense, they had Raheem Mostert who was averaging like 6 YPC and Tevin Coleman who has a track record of contributing on contenders. It was a numbers game, not like he was benched for Kalen Ballage.

He had flashes, but never put anything special together while he was here. Hopefully things work out for him in Arizona.

Kenyon Drake was a big play guy (as was Ajayi, don't know how we forget him) to a fault. He averaged 4 YPC on 4 carries for nothing and another carry for twenty yards. He could take it to the house when given a window, problem was he looked to do that on every play instead of getting three yards when that's what was needed.

He made one of the most stellar big plays in Miami history, which didn't happen without his skills. Lesser players don't make that happen - did you see Davante Parker bail right away when he got that ball? He was the one designed to take the ball much longer, but he knew he had no business keeping the ball over Drake.

With 1 year left on his contract, if he doesn’t stay healthy, this would be a waste.
Would much rather have DK dobbins and moved up 1 spot

5th round pick. Dobbins would have been great but that was already done before this ever took place. We spent a fifth round pick on a guy who has averaged 5 YPC in the actual NFL.

Back
Top Bottom