Intro to Matt Breida RB: RD 5 TRADE from SF | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Intro to Matt Breida RB: RD 5 TRADE from SF

5th round pick. Dobbins would have been great but that was already done before this ever took place. We spent a fifth round pick on a guy who has averaged 5 YPC in the actual NFL.
I believe they aimed for dobbins in the 2nd and struck out. That’s why they brought in Breida. Hard to imagine they didn’t aim for 1 of the top 5 backs

Drake did not the right thing. He is worth 8,438,000 dollars according to the cardinals in 2020.

I believe they aimed for dobbins in the 2nd and struck out. That’s why they brought in Breida. Hard to imagine they didn’t aim for 1 of the top 5 backs

I don't disagree, I'm just saying they didn't make the Breida move instead of trying to get one of those backs. I think failure to get one of those guys is the ebst representative of the questionable nature of our draft as a whole, and that they addressed the position via trade for a one year rental (albeit a talented one with high upside) shows they understood what was at the position even with Howard was not acceptable.

With 1 year left on his contract, if he doesn’t stay healthy, this would be a waste.
Would much rather have DK dobbins and moved up 1 spot

While I like Dobbins a lot, that rb mold of 5'8/5'9 208 pounds seems to pump out prospects every year. For example, I'm not sure Dobbins is any more of a prospect than CJ Verdell from Oregon might be next year if he declares early as expected..

9ers gave up on this kid cause he couldn’t stay healthy.

but man when he plays is he a good looking player. I’m a fan of this trade. We missed on the rb run in the draft chance I’m willing to take for a 5th rounder here.

I don't really think its true to say they "gave up" on him. They have Coleman who is productive and they tried to trade but were rebuffed. They have Mostert who was absolutely sensational - one of the best half season stretches you can imagine for an RB. They like Jerrick McKinnon. They have a young guy in Jeff Wilson who is a big back with speed (different than the other guys on their roster) that might have starter potential. It was a position of great strength for them and they wanted to turn one of these guys into picks to improve another area of the team.

I don't really think its true to say they "gave up" on him. They have Coleman who is productive and they tried to trade but were rebuffed. They have Mostert who was absolutely sensational - one of the best half season stretches you can imagine for an RB. They like Jerrick McKinnon. They have a young guy in Jeff Wilson who is a big back with speed (different than the other guys on their roster) that might have starter potential. It was a position of great strength for them and they wanted to turn one of these guys into picks to improve another area of the team.

breida is more talented than all of them. he’s gone cause he couldn't stay healthy primary. Sure they had capable bodies but nothing his level.

9ers gave up on this kid cause he couldn’t stay healthy.

but man when he plays is he a good looking player. I’m a fan of this trade. We missed on the rb run in the draft chance I’m willing to take for a 5th rounder here.

totally down with that... this is one of those upside down

side deals where we score big or empty the pockets...

If we use this kid like a high end coluugne we're good

cheap perfume = no effing way!

BUT! for an R5

I wanna sniff some of that!

Kenyon Drake was a big play guy (as was Ajayi, don't know how we forget him) to a fault. He averaged 4 YPC on 4 carries for nothing and another carry for twenty yards. He could take it to the house when given a window, problem was he looked to do that on every play instead of getting three yards when that's what was needed.

He made one of the most stellar big plays in Miami history, which didn't happen without his skills. Lesser players don't make that happen - did you see Davante Parker bail right away when he got that ball? He was the one designed to take the ball much longer, but he knew he had no business keeping the ball over Drake.

The combo of Howard and Breida gives us a power/homer run threat back field. When Breida is on the field he is a big play threat because he is an excellent receiver and teams will have to adjust to his speed. If you want to argue the point, pretty much every skill position player in the NFL is capable of big plays. To me, Drake and Ajayi were inconsistent and unreliable options in their time in Miami. I would watch them miss holes all day long trying to force a big play.

Here is the breakdown of San frans backs and why we got Breida.

1. Tevin Coleman- it’s easy to see that he is one of Shannys guys. Not only was mostert killing it at the end of the regular season ( and in the BFF champ and Super Bowl) before Coleman was hurt in the divisional round against the Vikings he was having all the carries.

2. Raheem Mostert- see above.

3. Jerick McKinnon- took a pay cut and was supposed to be the “lightning” ultra versatile receiving threat that shined on 3rd down. Took a team friendly discount to stay another year.

4. Matt Breida- flashes of insane playmaking, speed, receiving out of the backfield that could not warrant tons of snaps on offense.Played hurt for many games (which most nfl rbs do based on the amount of contact they absorb). He was simply the odd man out on the last year of his rookie deal, playing in a crowded backfield that had a surplus of talent.

Overall for a 5th round pick this was a major steal. He is the perfect complement to Jordan Howard, and gives us a bonafide home run hitting back that we haven’t had since shades of Reggie Bush.

I think Breida is going to prosper with miami. A new change of scenery, new young players around him plus he is a smart player and flores is gonna love this kid. he has very good hands and is a very good pass catching RB

Only if Miami doesn't sign anyone themselves. Miami will need to sign people to fills holes.

Maybe...I think Dolphin fans should get used to the idea that they will run this team the Patriot way...they don’t resign most of their own and get compensatory picks and reload

talk about rebuilding the OL but we got a turnkey guy as far as knowing protection schemes and catching the rock

Back
Top Bottom