Ireland: Joe And I See Eye To Eye! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Ireland: Joe And I See Eye To Eye!

CRAZYDOLFAN305

We Are Still Going To The SB
Reaction score
Coaches and general managers in the National Football League have to co-exist on a similar plane in order to help foster success on the field. Miami Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland and Head Coach Joe Philbin have come a long way in a short amount of time in that regard.

Just sixteen short months ago, Philbin was trying to convince owner Steve Ross and Ireland that he was the right man for the job of becoming the 10th head coach in franchise history. One week from today he will sit next to Ireland in the draft room at Doctor’s Hospital Training Facility in Davie for their second NFL Draft together, and with 11 picks at their disposal the two hope to work together well again.

“One of the things I liked about Joe in the interview process was that he and I see players pretty much the same,” said Ireland, who is entering his sixth season as Miami’s GM. “Schematically is where maybe it’s changed. Character and makeup, those things, we see very much eye-to-eye on. I’m probably a little bit more of a risk taker than maybe Joe, but we certainly see eye-to-eye.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...e-To-Eye/131ac1f3-45bf-4108-954a-e5579f4b9ae0

If you can get pass your hatred and past mistakes for the man for just one sec, and put on your Dolphins-Fan Cap on, this has to be what you would want for your team.

As long as Jeff simply listens to Joe, we'll be just fine. ;)

Coaches and general managers in the National Football League have to co-exist on a similar plane in order to help foster success on the field. Miami Dolphins General Manager Jeff Ireland and Head Coach Joe Philbin have come a long way in a short amount of time in that regard.

Just sixteen short months ago, Philbin was trying to convince owner Steve Ross and Ireland that he was the right man for the job of becoming the 10th head coach in franchise history. One week from today he will sit next to Ireland in the draft room at Doctor’s Hospital Training Facility in Davie for their second NFL Draft together, and with 11 picks at their disposal the two hope to work together well again.

“One of the things I liked about Joe in the interview process was that he and I see players pretty much the same,” said Ireland, who is entering his sixth season as Miami’s GM. “Schematically is where maybe it’s changed. Character and makeup, those things, we see very much eye-to-eye on. I’m probably a little bit more of a risk taker than maybe Joe, but we certainly see eye-to-eye.”

http://www.miamidolphins.com/news/a...e-To-Eye/131ac1f3-45bf-4108-954a-e5579f4b9ae0

If you can get pass your hatred and past mistakes for the man for just one sec, and put on your Dolphins-Fan Cap on, this has to be what you would want for your team.

Getting past hate and thought of mistakes you still have to judge Ireland on what he has done and not what u hope he will do. All dolphin fans hope he will do well. Its silly that some people want to think people base their opinions of Ireland's moves based on simple hate for him instead of how they feel about the move. If that was true I would have hated The Tannehill pick.

Back
Top Bottom