Is 10-7 A Successful Season for 2021? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is 10-7 A Successful Season for 2021?

I won't be happy with only ten wins. I won't be happy without making the playoffs. Now, there could be mitigating circumstances, to be sure, which might explain such a dropoff. But this team is ascending, with young, talented players with a dedicated and focused coaching staff. My goal for this team is to one of the final 8 team playing--anything less and we are not where we need to be.

I won't be happy with only ten wins. I won't be happy without making the playoffs. Now, there could be mitigating circumstances, to be sure, which might explain such a dropoff. But this team is ascending, with young, talented players with a dedicated and focused coaching staff. My goal for this team is to one of the final 8 team playing--anything less and we are not where we need to be.
I would agree if we don't make the playoffs this year then something is not going right

they are due for regression. the only thing that will counter that will be tua's performance. if he makes a leap physically i think that will make a big difference. he will have more confidence and will start playing looser. if its the same tua physically, i'd say we will be a middling team in the 8-9, 9-8 range. some up some down.

We could go 11-6 and not make the playoffs, while disappointing it's not failure. Yes, even a 10-7 season is not failure.

From 2009 until 2019 we only had one winning season. Just a single winning season, let that sink in.

Back to back winning seasons under Grier and Flo is progress we haven't seen since 2003/02. We are all anxious to make the playoffs but c'mon, lets not forget how bad we really were and how far we've had to come.

so last year we went 10-6 so how would going 10-7 this year be ok?

Here we disagree. Even current top teams don't win one more game every year. Too many variables. I think we can all agree 7 wins would be seen as regression. 9 wins? Again, too many variables

Here we disagree. Even current top teams don't win one more game every year. Too many variables. I think we can all agree 7 wins would be seen as regression. 9 wins? Again, too many variables
Well, our standard has gotten so low that now playing one more game but having less wins is consider good by some. Now to be fair, if we had won 13 games last year and then this year we were to win 12 then that's one thing. But we won 10 games and beat only ONE team that ended up with a winning record. If we can't beat that this year then either we had a bad draft this year and/or last year's draft was not very good either.

I keep hearing around and about how winning 10 games and missing the playoffs was a good season but the fact of the matter is that we were 1-3 against teams with a winning record, and we were 9-3 against teams with a bad record. What hurt our chances to miss the playoffs was mainly not winning a single Bills game, but also not winning enough competitive games. Based on how we played against competitive teams there was a 70 chance we would lose. With that said this is normal with teams with a rookie qb for the most part. We must get better as a team, and develop our qb. Blatantly adding weapons isn't enough, qb is the hardest position to play, and Tua struggle under certain situations as much as he shined in others. To give Tua the benefit of the doubt, he wasn't 100 pct. We are expecting big from him now.

Well, our standard has gotten so low that now playing one more game but having less wins is consider good by some. Now to be fair, if we had won 13 games last year and then this year we were to win 12 then that's one thing. But we won 10 games and beat only ONE team that ended up with a winning record. If we can't beat that this year then either we had a bad draft this year and/or last year's draft was not very good either.

Or significant injuries, or OCs suck, or a missed last sec FG, OR . . .
Too many things can happen to quibble over one less win than expected. 11 wins, 10 wins, I'm not that obsessed. Significantly fewer wins and the world changes

The point about back to back winning seasons is a good one, and shouldn't be dismissed. And not just that, back to back double-digit win seasons. So I don't think winning 10 games would be a failure (although in the end it's all about context-- if the team lost 3 out of 4 in December or lost to all the strong teams, those would be red flags).

I don't think it's about wins and loses though. If the QB is further developed and shows he can carry the team to a 10 win or more season with nobody coming in to relieve him, that's not a failure of a season. If the QB is still shaky and isn't looking better than last season, then it's not a good season, even if they win 11 and get the last playoff spot

Or significant injuries, or OCs suck, or a missed last sec FG, OR . . .
Too many things can happen to quibble over one less win than expected. 11 wins, 10 wins, I'm not that obsessed. Significantly fewer wins and the world changes
Well, lots of things can happen but the question is/was would 10-7 be considered success? and my answer is no regardless of why it happened.

Well, lots of things can happen but the question is/was would 10-7 be considered success? and my answer is no regardless of why it happened.

I get that. My concern is the magic number. For an extreme example, if X, BJones, TT, and the R1 rookie W suffer injuries and the OCs prove to be abysmal, but the team still wins 10, I'd consider that success. If two losses are by last second FGs to teams with 11+ wins, but Miami only wins 10, that, IMO, is success. I guess the difference is I can see 'success' as something other than a specific win total. Given that, we'll just respectfully disagree.

I disagree. Year 1 of Flo was the tear down. This is year 2 of the rebuild, IMO. 11-6 or even 10-7 and missing the playoffs is still progress. We need consistency in winning seasons to continue to establish Flo’s culture.
How is 10-7 progress over 10-6? Making the playoffs isn't even setting the bar that high. Now winning in the playoffs is another story.

Back
Top Bottom