Is Ahmed the answer at RB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ahmed the answer at RB?

What was the question?
If the question was will he do enough to make the defense honest?
Yes, if the OL is relatively healthy.

I would say Cox's days are numbered regardless.

His sole value is lead blocker in short yardage, and we already opt to use linemen in that role.
3 of the last 4 teams to make it to the Super Bowl hace used FV’s I’d like to see Cox used more but all depends how versatile he is imo

It seems like he will be a guy that we get by with for 2-3 more weeks. Would love to see them feature Breida after. If we can get Gaskin back fully healthy for playoffs that would be ideal.

This is a small backfield we are working with. I don’t count laird as an over 200lb back even if he is, and we don’t know what we have with Washington. Cox can smack people with and without the ball but that’s completely unproven given his snap count. Also irrelevant if we can’t get him out in front of our speed backs.

This is not ideal but makes me a little more thankful that this offense is run by Chan. If anything he is creative, and that combined with improving players across the team should still yield us results.

I've seen some sleeper talk leading up to the draft and him being in the conversation with some of the popular day 2 rb prospects from this past draft. He apparently ran a slow 4.62 at the combine yet has been clocked at 4.32 at Univ. of Washington. That plus having limited carries as Gaskins backup in college except last year when he was the starter seemed to also contribute to his fall down draft boards. I'm not saying he will turn out to be anything but a complimentary roll after this year but im curious what he will do the rest of this season.

It is ridiculous to ask if an undrafted rookie running back is the savior of the running game. I think he has some good traits: falls forward even when not square, has good burst, reasonable to good vision, and makes decisive cuts. He does not make people miss, but it appears he can carry a full time load. He appears to be a nice addition to the backs. Let's see how he does over the next two games.

I would say Cox's days are numbered regardless.

His sole value is lead blocker in short yardage, and we already opt to use linemen in that role.
I think him being inactive was a big signal his days are almost over. I don't see his place in the offense.

The answer was that hole Laird ran through. Lets see more of that in our running game.

It is ridiculous to ask if an undrafted rookie running back is the savior of the running game. I think he has some good traits: falls forward even when not square, has good burst, reasonable to good vision, and makes decisive cuts. He does not make people miss, but it appears he can carry a full time load. He appears to be a nice addition to the backs. Let's see how he does over the next two games.
Savior is a tough word to associate with a running back at all, assuming savior refers to current and future production. There have been some good undrafted backs every year though. James Robinson this year, Phillip Lindsay, Mostert (when healthy). You can look at their teams and identify that they have a strong system to insert one of those guys in to shine.

I don’t think that’s the case with us, which is why we get what you described, and we won’t have a back top 500 yds rushing this year, again. Not complaining but an ugly rushing nugget for sure

Back
Top Bottom