Is Ahmed the answer at RB? | Page 8 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ahmed the answer at RB?

Agreed usually but we missed on Willis years back what a diff maker and Parsons has the feel while this is a strong WR draft - Tua will make it work just as he is now

Id be okay with LB with HOU pick. I just think that for Grier it will be hard to pass on Waddle, I think he will take Waddle.

Id be okay with LB with HOU pick. I just think that for Grier it will be hard to pass on Waddle, I think he will take Waddle.
I believe Tua will make whoever into a star regardless

While the D could use that fresh LB patrolling sideline to sideline and with a flair to get to the QB for 10 years

The goal of a GM, his only job, is to get the best players at every single position.
You can keep repeating it, ad nauseum, but that doesn't make it true.

His job is to put the best TEAM on the field, including coaches. It also involves contract negotiations, with an emphasis on sustainability.

Chasing every "best player" in the short term, regardless of cost or consequences, is pure folly and a recipe for failure.

...the ONLY "best" that matters is team!

Grier + Flo are going to use our draft assets to build the BEST team.

That's where their priorities vs. the hopes & wishes of fans on a forum diverge.

Just saying it wouldn't surprise me if they play things out a tad differently than some expect.

...the ONLY "best" that matters is team!

Grier + Flo are going to use our draft assets to build the BEST team.

That's where their priorities vs. the hopes & wishes of fans on a forum diverge.

Just saying it wouldn't surprise me if they play things out a tad differently than some expect.

Or a LOT differently

Ahmed needs to get MUCH better in pass pro before we start talking about him being the answer. He may be serviceable until we get Gaskins back. But neither are top tier RBs. Personally I love LOVE Javonte Williams out of UNC. Leads the nation in TDs and broken tackles. Amazing vision and can catch. One person won't bring this monster down, not gonna happen. Beast mode 2.0 probably 4th rd pick if he declares.

I don't think they set up their draft board according to the choices we pick here ;)

Maybe :shrug:

At the risk of annoying some here, let's take RB. Most are saying (and I agree), Miami needs a big feature back. I'm not at all certain Flo/Grier are a) in agreement, and, b) will fill the need in the draft. Howard and Breida are an indication they may go mid tier FA. STOP! I'm not advocating that, just emphasizing what fans want and what Flo/Grier's strategy may be could be significantly different.
I'm confident 1-2 FA starters will be signed. WR? ILB? I have no idea, but no need pretending ALL needs will be filled in the draft. Or they could decide to skip a TE upgrade until '22. I'll be mildly surprised with a R1 P1 OLman. I don't think Flo will go there. But, I know less than some here.
In any case, there are some so confident, they don't argue over "if,' they argue over the name.

Last edited:
At the risk of annoying some here, let's take RB. Most are saying (and I agree), Miami needs a big feature back. I'm not at all certain Flo/Grier are a) in agreement, and, 2) will fill the need in the draft. Howard and Breida are an indication they may go mid tier FA. STOP! I'm not advocating that, just emphasizing what fans want and what Flo/Grier's strategy may be could be significantly different.
I'm confident 1-2 FA starters will be signed. WR? ILB? I have no idea, but no need pretending ALL needs will be filled in the draft. Or they could decide to skip a TE upgrade until '22. I'll be mildly surprised with a R1 P1 OLman. I don't think Flo will go there. But, I know less than some here.
In any case, there are some so confident, they don't argue over "if,' they argue over the name.
a) and 2) ?????

That isn't like you at all. Is everything OK?

Back
Top Bottom