Is Ahmed the answer at RB? | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Ahmed the answer at RB?

My drugs must of kicked in. Was going to post the only team I’ve ever seen with the best at every position. Was the 1980 USSR hockey team, and look at what happened to them.
You could post the secret to cold fusion. Some posters would still respond with nonsense.

The answer to RB isn’t on our team, it’s in the draft

You could post the secret to cold fusion. Some posters would still respond with nonsense.
It’s 200 MG of Lycra in the morning and a few hours before bed. It kind of makes me loopy most of the time.

The answer to RB isn’t on our team, it’s in the draft
Yes this is true brother. For right now we need to do the best with the players we have. Ahmed I think is quicker in and through the hole than Gaskin. I am not saying that he is a bad in any means I am just saying the hole doesn't have to be kept open as long.

Last edited:
I'm no coach, I have no idea what the difficulty of pass blocking vs run blocking is to teach/learn. It's been apparent to me though that this group has definitely caught on to the pass block portion of their job. Perhaps, they'll get better the longer they work together. Again, I don't see this as a RB issue.

Salvon ran poorly in his official 40s times
I have heard the terms 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear when describing running backs. Watching Ahmed is the first time this is very evident. He does not have a good 3rd gear. He is not going to outrun players at top speed. He does have an excellent 1st gear with good lateral and good movement in tight spaces.

This why I have referred to him as a high floor and low ceiling running back. I think even the best run defenses would have a hard time keeping him under 50 yards on 15 carries. He appears to be very good with a little bit of room. Even with excellent blocking, I think he would struggle to exceed 90 yards on those 15 carries. He could be the primary back on a decent running games.

I'm no coach, I have no idea what the difficulty of pass blocking vs run blocking is to teach/learn. It's been apparent to me though that this group has definitely caught on to the pass block portion of their job. Perhaps, they'll get better the longer they work together. Again, I don't see this as a RB issue.
It's simple. Really.

If you're a RB you pass block or you don't play.

hence deduce what you want about Breida...

Isn't lycra a fabric?

LYCRA® is a synthetic elastane fiber that can stretch up to six times its length and return to its original state – time and again. LYCRA® fibers have redefined comfort, fit, freedom of movement and shape retention in virtually every garment category since its first use as a substitute for rubber over 50 years ago

Maybe you can smoke it :lol:

It's simple. Really.

If you're a RB you pass block or you don't play.

hence deduce what you want about Breida...
We all know how Flo feels about practicing well to get on the field, and it's fairly easy to tell if a RB is a step slow at recognizing his assignments.

I've been saying this for a month and a half, but many ppl just see speed, want him to get carries, and don't want to understand that the trade-off isn't worth it. I've even seen some make the ridiculous statement that Flo is dumb, or making a huge mistake because of it.

Shiney objects mesmerize some, even if its fools gold.

We all know how Flo feels about practicing well to get on the field, and it's fairly easy to tell if a RB is a step slow at recognizing his assignments.

I've been saying this for a month and a half, but many ppl just see speed, want him to get carries, and don't want to understand that the trade-off isn't worth it. I've even seen some make the ridiculous statement that Flo is dumb, or making a huge mistake because of it.

Shiney objects mesmerize some, even if its fools gold.
Not to mention the fact the players KNOW what is what.

Quickest way to lose cred is to be inconsistent re team principals etc.

I love that about Flo. The man is focused like a laser and what is -- IS!

Back
Top Bottom