Is anybody worried ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is anybody worried ?

The Dude

This is not 'nam, this is football.
Reaction score
I was just thinking about what will happen if we draft a QB.(which i am against) I think we could end up in one of San Diego's position next year. If Feely comes out and even has a decent season do you just sit him down and go back to square one and start the rookie in his 2nd year? Do you start a rookie QB and risk the Ryan Leif factor?

Also i live in Canada so i don't get to see a whole ton of college ball, what is the early running back situation for the 2006 draft because if coach Saban doesn't pick a premeir runner in the 1st round this year could it be a possibility next year, because if we draft a rookie qb i have a feeling we wont be more the 5-11 come next december.

I'm not worried ... i think we'll draft a RB, but if saban wants a qb thats fine with me too. I dont think the chargers are in that bad a position...either way...they have good trade bait. PLUS, lets see if Brees puts up those kinda numbers 2 years in a row before we call him a good or very good qb.

Saban will do what he thinks is best for the team and thats all that matters.I trust Saban.

The Dude said:
I was just thinking about what will happen if we draft a QB.(which i am against) I think we could end up in one of San Diego's position next year. If Feely comes out and even has a decent season do you just sit him down and go back to square one and start the rookie in his 2nd year? Do you start a rookie QB and risk the Ryan Leif factor?

Also i live in Canada so i don't get to see a whole ton of college ball, what is the early running back situation for the 2006 draft because if coach Saban doesn't pick a premeir runner in the 1st round this year could it be a possibility next year, because if we draft a rookie qb i have a feeling we wont be more the 5-11 come next december.

I agree with you. I don't think there are any *elite* QB's in this draft. However, there are so many great RB's to choose from (my favorite being Ronnie Brown).

We must take a RB. Just my opinion, though...

I don't think we will have to worry if saban picks a QB this year we can do a deal that would either bring James or Alaxander to Miami then we would be set for the next three years in the RB position before thinking of drafting another RB.

I dont think the Chargers are really in a bad position, 2 pretty good qbs, either one of which could be traded for a high pick. I'd rather see us take a RB, but I dont think taking a QB puts us in a bad position. You also cant compare every QB taken to Ryan Leaf, why not compare every RB to Curtis Enis? Also there are some good RBs in the draft next year DeAngelo Williams from Memphis would be tops on that list.

Im not worried. Why should I be. Whats meant to be will be. If you worry its not going to help anything. So Im just waiting till the start of the season.

Hmmm....so we might have the same problem as San Diego in that our questionable QB turns out to be great and our rookie QB may be just as good. Yeah, I can see that as something to worry about......NOT

We are talking about a team that has had Fiedler/Huard, Fiedler/Lucas, and Fiedler/Griese as starting/backup QBs. After all that if we do draft one of the top QBs available to backup an improving Feeley, the last thing Im gonna do is worry.

The only thing I'm worried about is that if we trade down we will lose our chance on R.Brown.

Nothing to worry about...I think Saban will do the right thing. I think if we draft Ronnie Brown then we would not necesarily need a great QB to win...just like when Brad Johnson won the Superbowl, Phil Simms, Doug Williams, etc., we can kill other teams with our running game and defense, and we have receivers like Chambers to keep teams honest.

The Dude said:

Well, that wouldn't be too bad of a situation to be in. AJ is due a big roster bonus next offseason, so we will know what is going on...if he gets cut before the bonus is due, then we'll know that Saban doesn't see him in our future...and if we draft a QB, and we keep AJ...one or the other could be on the trading block if the rookie shows promise...

I think Saban will make the right choice on who to draft. He is an intelligent man that knows what he is doing. I wouldn't worry.

Got to trust Saban but to be fair you have to give him at least 3 yrs for some results.

Back
Top Bottom