Is anyone concerned about Brown's age? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is anyone concerned about Brown's age?

I didn't realize he was that old. That makes a big difference when you are picking 2nd overall. If they keep the pick it has to be a young QB.

Top picks in the draft I believe should be able to give you 10 good years (barring injury). Not many RB's have that ability at 34.

It shouldn't be a big deal if Caddy and Benson are close. But I never thought of the age factor, good post.

if age was the biggest factor then we would take Alex Smith who is 20 in the 1st and then Marion Barber III in the 2nd (surtain trade) who is 21 but age is not the only factor although it is one to consider

I'd rather get 8 great years from one player and put my team in a position to win a championship, instead of 10 or 11 pretty good years from a player...theres so many factors involved in the second pick that i doubt saint nick is even thinking about player's ages. just one man's opinion.

RBs factor isn't age its getting pounded on for 7 years which starts them breaking down that just happens to be around 30... thats why a back who starts later, like a tiki barber might last longer being that he didn't start taking the pounding till later in his career...

ChambersWI said:
not really. Morencey is older too, and I think Benson is as well. People forget that Yerimiah Bell is in his mid/late 20's already. It's not like he's 26 (Jason White) or even 29(Chris Weinke)

So Morency is out too......these other guys aren't running backs!!!! What is your point?????????????????????? AND WEINKE AND WHITE ARE SO SWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEETTTTTTT RIGHT??????????? dude stupid post!

That is a huge knock on Morency that he's older...

Why is it that nobody else brought this up earlier. I remember bringing this up in February. If your a RB and your selected at the #2 overall you have be God's gift to football.

pvgolf32 said:
Good observation poolboy, i didnt realize brown was 24. Either way, I'm not that concerned. Here's why: While age is deffinitely a major factor in how long a player's career will last, there are other factors. Even if Brown might be a year or two older than some other players in the draft, he has less wear and tear on his body than other players. If Benson is 22(I'm not sure about his age) then I would certainly rather have the 24-year old Brown, because his body has experienced less wear and tear than Benson. Because of Brown's relative limited action in college, it would be fair to say that his possible older age, combined with his small amount of carries in college, equal out to the regular 22 or 23 year old senior graduating from colege. Not how clear that all was, but basically, because Brown didn't get a lot of carries in college, even though he may be a little old, he will run like a 28 or 29 year old when he's 30, and have more longevity in his career.

well i know most of you want ronnie brown because he was faster in the 40 and that he has less carries in college that dont mean squat how fast was barry sanders coming out of college ?imo ronnie brown was prob faster than sanders but it shows that you dont have to be a real fast back if you can find the holes and hit them at the right time then excellrate and can pound through the d then thats what it takes ronnie was not much faster than benson and even if he has more wear then think about edge lt alexander etc... they hed to carry the load in college and they had a lot of wear on them sooo what makes benson (a proven back) that he will be any different than those running backs i mention plus benson didnt get to run on indys field like brown did his feild was a whole lot worse than the field that brown ran on but my point is just because he was alittle faster than benson and a little less wear dont mean that he will be a better back than benson ...benson has proven he can go a whole season without help and he will be as good as edge lt etc......sooo i cant be sold on somebody that split time and just cause he is alittle faster dont mean there are a better back:wink:

Morency spent 3 years with the Colorado Rockies before going to football

Anyone know how old Leinart is btw? I just found out he's returning for his fifth year...that confused me a little

just because he is from texas that dont mean that he is like ricky just because he likes ricky he has seen what has happen to ricky and i just dont think anybody wants to be in the situation that ricky is in..

Back
Top Bottom