Is Anyone Else Concerned??? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Anyone Else Concerned???

Phinmaster1354

Practice Squad
Reaction score
As the season gets closer every second, I feel like I am beginning to panic a bit!! I mean the PHINS right now, 2 weeks before DETROIT have more QUESTION MARKS than the RIDDLER!!! Our O-LINE line is jingled up!! DIXON moving to tackle???You are taking our BEST OLINEMAN and shuttling him to play a spot he hasn't played in awhile, and he is bouncing back from injury even!! We only have 3 DE's right now!! We haven't stopped the run in any preseason games!Our front 7 looks like SWISS CHEESE!Ricky has 26 yards rushing!! Jay is not close to being in synce with his receivers and making bad decisions and throws!! We don't have a SOLID nickle DB yet in FLETCHER??? Our SPECIAL TEAMS play has been utterly HORRIBLE!!! I mean even MARE is missing FIELD GOALS!! I am simply talking about the 1st teamers!! The NFL is UNFORGIVING!!!The time is ticking and I am getting CONCERNED!!!:confused: :confused:

not yet ;)

let's see how we do in the 3rd PS game ag. the Texans with the starters and some prep time/game planning. If we suck ag. the likely worst team in the NFL in 2002, then there can be some concern; but major doubt should be on hold until at least after we beat the Lions :D

:calm:

It's fun to talk about the preseason, but it rarely is an accurate predictor of team performance. Both of our lines have looked weak in the first couple games, but we have really had the equivalent of one game with the first two so close together. In addition, we have a veteran bunch who are just trying to avoid injury.

39 is right. Let's give the team a little time. Things are never as good or bad as they initially seem.

PS is just a warm up it seems like every year we stink in the PS but They always pull it together come September

So dont worry dude
i have a feeling on saturday the Phinz will start to come together

I'm not concerned yet, but I DO want to see at least a couple glimpses of a run game, and a good run D. Would be nice to see, and a little bit reassuring.

If you remember correctly, Olindo Mare last preseason missed like 5 field goals. I believe 3 or even 4 came in one game.

He went on to miss I believe like only what, one field goal this year? I'm not worried about him :)

Jason Taylor, Jay Williams, Rob Burnett, and Adewale Ogunleye is plenty to have rotating in the end positions...especially since Jason Taylor literally almost never comes off the field. That means either Adewale Ogunleye (who by the way, it has been said by the coaching staff, is probably having the best camp of any of the DL) or Jay Williams starts at LDE on run downs, and then we mix in a nickel passrush that involves Jay Williams moving to DT (something I feel he's very effective at), possibly even Rob Burnett moving inside to DT at the same time, and Adewale Ogunleye speedrushing at LDE. This four-DE front worked wonders against the Titans starting OL, except it was D.Bo who was playing End that time, but its A-O who is gettin all the preseason sacks.

Chester and Bowens are just being rested until the season, because thats when they will be needed. We know what both of them can do.

Dixon is ALREADY better than the two injured scrubs that we had over at LT, and he hasn't even really gotten back up to speed on the basics of the position. He's immediately a better run blocker than either Smith or Spriggs (way better in fact) and a better pass protector because of his athleticism. You'd be surprised how many people make such a big deal out of 1 single inch of height. Since his move his ankle seems to have made a miraculous recovery and he's looked like his old self (not a coincidence in my opinion). Jamie Nails is a stronger run blocker than Dixon would have been at LG. Put together the move seriously improves the run blocking of the left side of our line...something that needed serious improvement.

Fletcher will be a solid nickel man come season time. I'm positive of it. Don't forget that he played pretty darn well when Sam Madison came out with injury. Got beat a few times for not knowing too much about the position, but now he knows.

Ricky's yards will come. He just needs more than 5 carries in a game.

Jay still has 2 weeks to get in sync with his offense and thats actually more than enough time. Previous history has given us no indications that he will not get in sync with these guys.

And lastly, special teams play seems to be a lack of concentration. First off, all those penalties and I do mean all of them, were things the players didnt know they'd be penalized for so it looked ugly. The STs coach hasn't changed, and the STs players have not changed...in fact we've got the big gun that can beat TRIPLE TEAMS as a flyer on punt coverage back, Trent Gamble. I take preseason miscues in this department with a grain of salt.

Don't forget all the reasons to be optimistic. Oronde Gadsden and James McKnight and Chris Chambers are all having good camps and preseason. Then there's the constant unbelievable plays of Randy McMichael who doesn't just look like, but IS this year's Chris Chambers just at TE (and naturally at TE he wont get to make as many big plays as Chris but its all relative). Patrick Surtain has turned all-world all the sudden snagging like over a dozen balls out of the air.

I'm not worried. I was more worried after Marino retired when it looked like a shoe in for Huard to run the offense.

CK there is one worry I have about Dixon's move to LT. We all know Nails is a solid run blocker but isn't solid against the pass at all. I'm worried about that spot between Dixon/Nails (what hole is that again?) when the pass rusher goes goes outside around Dixon to leave Nails on his man. I'm just wondering if we are going to be using a FB or Ricky as security with Nails.

I'm not worried for this reason:

The other teams in the division aren't any good.

The Jets and Patriots are going to fall this year. Brady already looks dumfounded out there...and the Jets don't have anything but Curtis Martin to worry about.

The Bills O looks great...but their D looks terrible. They're a year away from contending.

Basically...we have time for the team to come together, IMO.

Originally posted by VanDolPhan
I'm not worried. I was more worried after Marino retired when it looked like a shoe in for Huard to run the offense.

CK there is one worry I have about Dixon's move to LT. We all know Nails is a solid run blocker but isn't solid against the pass at all. I'm worried about that spot between Dixon/Nails (what hole is that again?) when the pass rusher goes goes outside around Dixon to leave Nails on his man. I'm just wondering if we are going to be using a FB or Ricky as security with Nails.
sounds like RW is going to be our 3rd down back as well; and he is a solid pass blocker. You are worried about Nails picking up the RDE on a stunt (where the RDE goes inside and the RDT loops to the outside) ? Blocking the DT should hopefullly not cause Dixon any problems and Nails s/b used to that since he is not out of position.

Originally posted by dolphan
I'm not worried for this reason:

The other teams in the division aren't any good.

You are the first person I have heard say that. Most of the things I have read suggest that we have one of, if not the toughest division in football.

Dolphan, I'm not sure what you've been reading, but the teams in our divison are pretty good..I grant you that Buf. 's D seem pretty shaky right now..But a good O can sometimes make up for that...IE..the dolphins with Marino...they are the Bills with Bledsoe..

NY Jets has done nothing this preseason to make me think they won't be the same pain in the butt team that's beat us time and time again.

The Pats are the defending SB champs..who have a chip on their shoulders because everyone think they were a fluke to win the big one. (They were, but they don't know that LOL)

So I see our division as pretty tough, I'm kind of glad Indy's gone..even though we still have to see them once this year.

Originally posted by MDFINFAN
Dolphan, I'm not sure what you've been reading, but the teams in our divison are pretty good..I grant you that Buf. 's D seem pretty shaky right now..But a good O can sometimes make up for that...IE..the dolphins with Marino...they are the Bills with Bledsoe..

NY Jets has done nothing this preseason to make me think they won't be the same pain in the butt team that's beat us time and time again.

The Pats are the defending SB champs..who have a chip on their shoulders because everyone think they were a fluke to win the big one. (They were, but they don't know that LOL)

So I see our division as pretty tough, I'm kind of glad Indy's gone..even though we still have to see them once this year.

anyone who takes NE lightly is being ignorant. the Pats have not lost much and only gained more with the TE position. the only problem with NE is that they will not be facing the same competition as last year and everyone will be gunning for them. but i am chalking up the ne game in NE a loss.

FinFan54..I don't take NE lightly,,not sure how you read that in there..I said they have a chip on their shoulder..In other words..something to prove..which makes them a dangerous team..I still think the Rams were a better team than them..but "on any given Sunday"

Back
Top Bottom