Is anyone else having trouble keeping their mouth shut? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is anyone else having trouble keeping their mouth shut?

Good discussion. I've actually had to bite my tongue (keyboard) a lot recently especially when I see comments on other sites. Like someone else said, as a die hard I'm always optimistic. I always think we are going to be good. I always think we've solved a lot of problem areas from the year before. The realistic in me knows past expectations almost never come to fruition.

That said, I do believe things are different now. I do believe enthusiastically in our current coach and QB. I do think our offense is loaded with skill position talent, of the like's we haven't seen in decades. The realistic in me (damn that guy) knows Mike Pouncey is a concern. The homer in me tries to believe he will be healthy and that Jordan Phillips has turned the corner in his career.

Regardless of everything said about this roster, at the end of the day, I believe 110% in #17. He's not Tom Brady, he's not Aaron Rodgers, he's not Dan Marino. He's Ryan Freaking Tannehill, he can do things with his right arm 99% of other QB's can't. His highlight reels at times are jaw dropping. Show me a throw better than the one RT made against the Chargers last year. Or find me someone else who can do that.

So to sum things up, ya I am having a hard time keeping my mouth shut. But I am trying my best.

Last edited:
I've been pessimistic towards this team for over 15 years. This is the first offseason where I've been talking **** to other fans the entire time. I'm more excited now than I've ever been (mind you I wasn't around for the glory days) about this team since Dan Marino retired.

Let's go!!!

As I mentioned in another post, this team was the 10th ranked scoring offense over the last 11 weeks of the season. Of course that was WITHOUT Mike Pouncey, Reshad Jones, Koa Misi & Ryan Tannehill for the last 3 weeks....among others here and there. We were paper thin in the secondary as well as the LB's.

What are they capable of WITH all these players? In their second season in the same schemes, healthier and with added talent like Timmons, McMillan, Hayes, Larsen, Harris, Thomas, etc?

I cannot wait.

With a few more additions late in the off-season (like we do every year) at DT and maybe OL, this is going to be fun.

I'm cautiously optimistic. I've lived and died with this franchise for a long-ass time though, so I'm always wary of the **** that can go wrong, because as long as I've been a fan, it usually does. But it's hard not to be excited. I love Gase. Love 'em. I hope what he's building here is real and can be sustained. Time will tell.

I think Miami's ceiling this year is a wildcard berth. Still not sure the Dolphins match-up well against the Patriots, but that is every teams' dilemma in the NFL.

Lots to be excited about. Adam Gase is adding physical players across the board and is a coach that players play hard for. If he's the answer at head coach, that's a big piece that's been missing since Don Shula retired. On talent alone, the Dolphins certainly aren't lacking especially at wide receiver.

There are questions, but not as many as in past seasons. As another poster said, the element of surprise isn't there either. But, the learning curve isn't as well. The Dolphins have an identity as a smash mouth team behind Jay Ajayi, but the talent to pass the ball if the run isn't working.

If the team makes the playoffs, anything is possible. Besides New England, is there another team that is that much ahead of Miami?

Tampa is a must win. Miko needs to be put in her place so badly it's unreal. I do not think I could mentally rebound if that loudmouth ignorant woman could justify her remarks :wall

Take the over on the total. Jameis, Evans, Jackson and Martin will march up and down the field on us.

First two games scare me. Tampas offense will be at full strength and I do think they`ll march up and down on us. I`m going to the Chargers game and they play us tough. Not banking on Rivers to throw 4 picks this time. Our offense better live up to the hype!

Tampa is a must win. Miko needs to be put in her place so badly it's unreal. I do not think I could mentally rebound if that loudmouth ignorant woman could justify her remarks :wall

I wonder if that idiot will travel to the game...

I wonder if that idiot will travel to the game...
As sure as that woman is herpied up, she'll be traveling to the game. We should take bets on how long it takes her to get arrested again.

There is a parity in the NFL. It's all about coaching. In the 1980s there was a feeling that the Pats had the most talent in the NFL, but Shula still got the best of them with a less talented roster.
Presently, I don't believe the Pats are even in the top 5 in terms of pure talent, but they have a good coach and a QB that is essentially a coach on the field.
Coaching, coaching, coaching
If Gase is the real deal, the Phins will be a factor this season.

No problem keeping it shut. Last year was a breath of fresh air, but after the years we've had, we don't have anything to say. I hope last year was a glimpse of things to come under gase. I'll have a problem keeping it shut if we go deep into playoffs

There is a parity in the NFL. It's all about coaching. In the 1980s there was a feeling that the Pats had the most talent in the NFL, but Shula still got the best of them with a less talented roster.
Presently, I don't believe the Pats are even in the top 5 in terms of pure talent, but they have a good coach and a QB that is essentially a coach on the field.
Coaching, coaching, coaching
If Gase is the real deal, the Phins will be a factor this season.

If we've learned anything about Gase it's that he gets it right second time. He makes mistakes, he adjusts, he moves on. Not playing Wake, playing too up tempo, not playing Ajayi, not playing the run fits Ajayi liked, not dropping Thomás and Turner... theres a long list of stuff he got wrong and then corrected.

That's a huge trait to have in your coach. But when he's up against the Belichicks - who get it right first time and who make you pay for getting it wrong, Gase will need to show he has stepped his game up too. I have confidence he will.

QB play was not good in 99,more like 95...
I love Marino as we all do but JJ ruined him and his play under him was not the same he was severely handcuffed.

There was excitement with the meat head too when we went to the playoffs and he constructed a physical o line and running game and stout defense.... No QB and lousy WR's held that team back, oh and quality offensive coaches....

I do agree with everything else tho Goat, thanks for posting as I feel the same, but we have to perform on gamedays and get back in the playoffs.

Back
Top Bottom