Is Anyone Else....... | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Anyone Else.......

EasyRider

Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
climbing the walls at this point waiting for the super bowl to be over already??? This game looks really promising with offense going against defense but I really want our offseason to start already.

Yes, we have the draft and five picks in the first two rounds. Personally I hope we keep our first three and use them wisely. Yes, we need an abundance of picks BUT we also need some superstars and this is Grier’s chance to prove himself with this first round. I’m watching a lot of video of Herbert lately because of all his buzz, and I gotta say I do like what I see. Never thought much about Fromm, I don’t like his game, but what do I know, I’m not a scout. But it’s fun all the same scouting these guys.

With that said though, March is what I’m more excited about it. A lot of buzz will be about free agents after next week and we have money to burn. I like what I hear from this front office as how they’ll spend wisely from here on out. I hope Grier proves himself here again. Tbaum was a train wreck during March Madness.

I want and I feel that Flores wants to get back to power and strong running game using big plodding offensive linemen the way Parcells did back in the 80s. As a fan I love passing more than anything but let’s be realistic, Controlling the clock and wearing teams down in the fourth quarter wins games.

It‘s Sunday night and I’m unsettled already. Bring on March and the offseason. It can’t come quick enough

This time of year is a marathon. Combine starts late this year Feb 23. Then FA starts 10 days later. By day 3 of FA most of that sizzle is over then the pro days which we'll of course be waiting for Tua's (if he can do it) then we have draft on April 25. Then a mini camp then SNORE until late July.

Personally, I'm glad at least the XFL is firing up next weekend to at least give me some micron of football to at least enjoy during the down times. It's not NFL but should at least prove a distraction.

This time of year is a marathon. Combine starts late this year Feb 23. Then FA starts 10 days later. By day 3 of FA most of that sizzle is over then the pro days which we'll of course be waiting for Tua's (if he can do it) then we have draft on April 25. Then a mini camp then SNORE until late July.

Personally, I'm glad at least the XFL is firing up next weekend to at least give me some micron of football to at least enjoy during the down times. It's not NFL but should at least prove a distraction.
I don't think anyone will watch the XFL

I watched the XFL last time around because I had infants in the house and little desire or cash to go out on Saturday night. (Nothing else on) I won’t watch XFL live this time but I will pick a team and record the games to watch during workouts.

Right. So 16.5 million people watch NFL each week. Add another 10 million for college football. In the absence of both with nothing but tree hockey and real hockey they are just going to go on walks with their wives and not watch this new version of football. Not a soul. Ok.

Right. So 16.5 million people watch NFL each week. Add another 10 million for college football. In the absence of both with nothing but tree hockey and real hockey they are just going to go on walks with their wives and not watch this new version of football. Not a soul. Ok.
sure you might have 50-60,000 people watch and drop that after a week. People detox from football for month or so and then free agency and the draft take over. No one needs to have the football fix

Yes, we have the draft and five picks in the first two rounds. Personally I hope we keep our first three and use them wisely. Yes, we need an abundance of picks BUT we also need some superstars and this is Grier’s chance to prove himself with this first round. I’m watching a lot of video of Herbert lately because of all his buzz, and I gotta say I do like what I see. Never thought much about Fromm, I don’t like his game, but what do I know, I’m not a scout. But it’s fun all the same scouting these guys.

Round 1 Pick 5: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (A)
Round 1 Pick 18: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (B)
Round 1 Pick 26: Tyler Biadasz, C/OG, Wisconsin (B)
Round 2 Pick 7: JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 24: Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (B)
Round 3 Pick 6: Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 39 (COMP): Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky (B-)
Round 5 Pick 16: Ty Tyler, DE/OLB, Marshall (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Dalton Keene, TE, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 6 Pick 18: Tanner Muse, SS/FS, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 31: Mohamed Barry, OLB, Nebraska (A+)
Round 7 Pick 36 (COMP): Isaiah Wright, WR, Temple (A)

This is the exact logic used for the AAFL, literally even incorporating the "college football towns" into their business model for team locations... and yet it failed miserably.

This time of year is tough for die hard NFL fans. Especially those who's teams aren't in the Super Bowl. Right now it's all about Draft Mode for me. I'm a news junkie, looking for anything Miami Dolphins and Draft related news. Tough time.

Round 1 Pick 5: Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon (A)
Round 1 Pick 18: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (B)
Round 1 Pick 26: Tyler Biadasz, C/OG, Wisconsin (B)
Round 2 Pick 7: JK Dobbins, RB, Ohio State (A-)
Round 2 Pick 24: Damon Arnette, CB, Ohio State (B)
Round 3 Pick 6: Davon Hamilton, DT, Ohio State (A-)
Round 4 Pick 39 (COMP): Logan Stenberg, OG, Kentucky (B-)
Round 5 Pick 16: Ty Tyler, DE/OLB, Marshall (A+)
Round 6 Pick 6: Dalton Keene, TE, Virginia Tech (B+)
Round 6 Pick 18: Tanner Muse, SS/FS, Clemson (A+)
Round 7 Pick 31: Mohamed Barry, OLB, Nebraska (A+)
Round 7 Pick 36 (COMP): Isaiah Wright, WR, Temple (A)

Nice looking draft especially with the first four, but would like a DE by either 4,5, or 6

Nice looking draft especially with the first four, but would like a DE by either 4,5, or 6

Yeah me too … I didn't do any trades and nothing fell my way that I liked so …. Tua went to chargers at 13 with a trade … I wanted edge at 18 but couldn't risk the OT … premier guys were gone at 26 and to help protection and the run game I thought C would be a good add … fun exercise

Yeah me too … I didn't do any trades and nothing fell my way that I liked so …. Tua went to chargers at 13 with a trade … I wanted edge at 18 but couldn't risk the OT … premier guys were gone at 26 and to help protection and the run game I thought C would be a good add … fun exercise

IMO it was a pretty respectable draft. I feel like a lot of the Edge guys in this draft are kind of raw. I’d rather see us take an OT/C at 18/26 and see who falls to us day 2 and 3.

Back
Top Bottom