Is Anyone Going to the Nov. 10th Game in NY? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Anyone Going to the Nov. 10th Game in NY?

Cranx

☠️ Banned ☠️
Reaction score
I'm working on possibly attending the Nov. 10th Jests v. 'Fins game in NY. My little brother goes to West Point and I might try to *wink wink* visit him that weekend. I'm not sure it's going to happen due to the fact that I'm getting married about 3 weeks prior to that but it's worth a shot.

If it's my only chance to actuall see the 'Fins live, I'll live with it. It'll be especially easy to live with if we're winning. That way, while they're doing the stupid hooked on phonics chant, I'll just turn and point: Scoreboard!!! There's no arguing with that!!

Just be careful Expo, we want to see you come back alive.

Haa!! :lol: I know the feeling all too well. In 1993 I was at a Raiders v. Chiefs game which was the last game of the season, winner goes to the playoffs, loser goes home, situation. I went with my brother (Fayduh fan) and we sat up in the nose-bleeds of the Colliseum. As an official Raider-Hater, and someone who was a very big fan of Derrick Thomas, I felt inclined to cheer for the Chiefs.

To make a long story short, it was a back and forth game so not many people payed attention to me but the fourth quarter rolls around, Raiders are down by a couple but get down to the Chiefs 4 yard line and have all of their downs. First play, the QB (I think it was Hostetler) rolls right, tosses a little lob pass to a seemingly open Tim Brown in the end zone and, out of nowhere, a DB pops up and INT's the pass. He downs it, game over, Chiefs go on to the playoffs.

Before I knew what I was doing, I jumped up, starting pumping my fist in the air, and cheering. It didn't take me too long to realize that every eye within about 50 seats in all directions were on me. At this point I slowly shut up, sat down, and remained quiet until several of them had shuffled out of the gates.

I swear I saw my life flash before my eyes for a brief moment as hundreds of brain-dead, neanderthal, Raider-fans in the nosebleeds stared at me with enough hatred to make me feel like POW in a Nazi concentration camp.

The point of all of this was to say that I will definitely be careful. Hopefully I can hook up with a couple other 'Fin-fans so I'm not alone. :)

I went last year and I am going back this year. If you sit in the first teir, nothing will happen to you because half of the people there are Dolphins fans anyway. The place is going to be packed with Dolphins fans again this year, so I can guarantee that you will leave the stadium alive. However, I don't know what the second and third teirs are like.

HOW BOUT BUFFALO!!

Is anyone going to BUFFALO? I make the jaunt north every year for the last 7 years!! I like going there although there have been many confrontations!! Plus it is fairly close to my folks house in PA!! STEELER COUNTRY!!! BUFFALO is great to watch a game especially when the PHINS are DOMINATING, because they truly dispise the PHINS!!! It's a GREAT RIVALRY!! Last year was really great because the PHINS were down 10 points with about 8 mins left in the 4th!! The BILLS FAITHFULS were talking alot of smack until CHAMBERS took over!! IT'S WAS SIMPLY AWESOME to see those fans deflate!!! IT WAS FREAKIN AWESOME!!! ANOTHER SWEEP COMING UP!!! BILLS SUCK!!

Originally posted by Expo88
I'm working on possibly attending the Nov. 10th Jests v. 'Fins game in NY. My little brother goes to West Point and I might try to *wink wink* visit him that weekend. I'm not sure it's going to happen due to the fact that I'm getting married about 3 weeks prior to that but it's worth a shot.

i go and have been going for about 4 seasons regularly.

wearing dolphin shirts etc thru there parking lot shows what aholes their fans can be.

now go to the pro or before then the orange bowl and phin fans are not as extreme. in new york i have seen familys have beer,etc thrown at them from stej fans seated above. never had that happen but we do get the verbal barrage one would expect.

pats fans also in foxboro were not the most gracious either.

when oj mcduffie came back for his first game in 2000 he signed my marino jersey for me there and said to my wife and i we have big b*lls wearing our dolphin coats in stej land. but it was cold so what else would a diehard fan wear? :)

see ya there

Last year I was talking smack with the Jets fan next to me, but they seemed pretty nice and weren't mean at all. Then again, I am a teenager, but they weren't bad.

I prefer to watch on TV - need those replays - any game that is on up here - which all NE and Jet games as well as Nat'l TV. Hoping to make it to Buff. game in Miami though.

i can think of better things to do than go to a jets game, playing "dodge em" on the freeway comes to mind. if those morons haven't learned how to spell jets by now, they never will.

I am going because it is the Fins, I don't care who they are playing. Also, the stadium is 20 minutes away from Manhattan which helps. :)

"I went last year and I am going back this year. If you sit in the first teir, nothing will happen to you because half of the people there are Dolphins fans anyway. The place is going to be packed with Dolphins fans again this year, so I can guarantee that you will leave the stadium alive. However, I don't know what the second and third teirs are like."

And when the jets play at miami, half the stadium is jets fans

nov 11

I'll be there, i can't wait it's been 4 years since I've been to the Meadowlands... it's going to be really sweet hearing that CHANT.

The fins fans at pro player can be nasty too. I'm a football fan and I enjoy going to the games. I don't trash talk and bite my lips when the Fish fans go at it and start cursing and all that..

But I always go and pray to God that no fan acts up and starts throwing stuff at me, or starts a fight and I have seen some good ones..

It would be weak to get thrown out and placed in Jail for the night for fighting with a drunk pissed off Fish Fan.

So I control myself.. when stuff happens I get up go to the concourse puff a ciggy and come back. Hopefully that fan has calmed down.

See You on the 22nd of Sept :cool:

I can't stand that stupid chant. I heard it about 100,000 times last year at the Fins game, but I am going back. This time the Fins will actually win up here in NY.

Back
Top Bottom