Is Bake on the verge of breaking out? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Bake on the verge of breaking out?

We have a good coverage tight end in a division where New England added how many tight ends ? Buffalo has a qb that we need to shadow at all times . Sign our homegrown talent now.

I feel like the DL has to produce at a higher level in the run game. They either have to penetrate and disrupt on the offense's side or they have to occupy the OL better. That put Bake in a better position do 'do his job'. Asking him to take on a 330# tackle and make a stop is not a job ANY linebacker can do consistently.That doesn't mean he can't make a 1 on 1 tackle on a RB, it just means the offense get's paid too, and their scheme dictates getting mis-matches on 225# LB's.

I feel like the DL has to produce at a higher level in the run game. They either have to penetrate and disrupt on the offense's side or they have to occupy the OL better. That put Bake in a better position do 'do his job'. Asking him to take on a 330# tackle and make a stop is not a job ANY linebacker can do consistently.That doesn't mean he can't make a 1 on 1 tackle on a RB, it just means the offense get's paid too, and their scheme dictates getting mis-matches on 225# LB's.
If Baker is taking on a 330 lb lineman, it's only because someone else missed an assignment, or we were outschemed. The coaches aren't asking him to do that, and fans shouldn't expect that.

If you want to put a 275 lb thumper LB on the field, fine. Just don't ask him to cover anyone, or make tackles in space.

If ppl have an issue with Baker, I think they must also have an issue with our scheme/philosophy. That's fine too, but I doubt Flo all of the sudden changes his stripes.

IMO Baker is a lot like Gesicki; he is really good at what he does, but by no means a “complete” player at his position. That doesn’t really matter until it is time to negotiate a new contract for these young men and it becomes really difficult to find a reasonable figure. I’d imagine both of them would find bigger contracts if they left Miami. It is up to our coaches and front office to convince them it is worth staying for the right price.

IMO Baker is a lot like Gesicki; he is really good at what he does, but by no means a “complete” player at his position. That doesn’t really matter until it is time to negotiate a new contract for these young men and it becomes really difficult to find a reasonable figure. I’d imagine both of them would find bigger contracts if they left Miami. It is up to our coaches and front office to convince them it is worth staying for the right price.
I've always looked at it like this... If a player is only interested in getting the maximum possible amount of money out of his contract, then I probably don't want him. There is a certain amount of selfishness in that, and most people like that are poisonous-- just lousy teammates, even in a normal business situation.

I don't expect a player to take a lot less, because this is a business... but if their primary motivation is just money, or worse yet-- wanting to be the highest paid player for ego reasons, I'd pass almost every time.

If Baker is taking on a 330 lb lineman, it's only because someone else missed an assignment, or we were outschemed. The coaches aren't asking him to do that, and fans shouldn't expect that.

If you want to put a 275 lb thumper LB on the field, fine. Just don't ask him to cover anyone, or make tackles in space.

If ppl have an issue with Baker, I think they must also have an issue with our scheme/philosophy. That's fine too, but I doubt Flo all of the sudden changes his stripes.
That's a more eloquent way of saying what I was trying to say?

Back
Top Bottom