Is Belichick Best Coach Ever? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Belichick Best Coach Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Um yes. He's totally dominating the era.

When Brady the overrated leaves and he still wins, it will be without question.

The top coaches I've seen are:

1. Bill Walsh-most influential
2. Joe Gibbs-won with 3 different QB's
3. Don Shula-I'm a aqua
4. Bill Belichick-builds teams that can beat you so many ways and he makes great in game adjustments
5. Bill Parcells-great motivator

I will say Belichick got bailed out by Russel Wilson's int. in the last SB he won. He should've been calling timeouts to save time for Brady to come back

just learned h.o.m.e.r. defaults to aqua on this board

Bill Belichick is the best coach in history, at least 5 other teams including the jets filmed practices of opposing teams, Marino and Montana used to deflate balls specially in Denver. So all those things are a bunch of bull

Um yes. He's totally dominating the era.

When Brady the overrated leaves and he still wins, it will be without question.

This right here is the tipping point for me. Let me see Brady go and Bill continue to win consistently without him and my mind might be changed.

Also, we keep mentioning Marino/Shula, but have ya'll looked at the rosters of those years we didn't make the playoffs with Shula and Marino? Man, the look really bad.

I probably give the nod to Belichick but am a very untrusting person. This means I believe the Patriots have probably broken the rules in many different ways we're not even aware of. Think about it, does anyone get caught the only 1 or 2 times they do something wrong? To me it's like a drunk driver. Does anyone believe all drunk drivers get busted the very first time they get behind the wheel of a car after having too much too drink? More than likely there were many successful trips home first. My point is the more you do something the more you increase the likelihood of being caught. You'd be hard pressed to convince me NE broke the rules twice and got caught twice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Having a franchise qb AND the great coaching chops of Don Shula should of been a guaranteed playoff spot every season. It's like saying Dale Earnhardt is the greatest driver of all time even though he couldn't win the Cup series with consistently one of the fastest cars for 13 years, throw in he didn't even qualify for the chase 6 times and it's even more absurd statement. He even had the audacity to blame Jimmy Johnson for Marino never winning a ring in an interview once.
no.

---------- Post added at 08:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 AM ----------

Also, we keep mentioning Marino/Shula, but have ya'll looked at the rosters of those years we didn't make the playoffs with Shula and Marino? Man, the look really bad.
this. Marino played with 1 HOF player - Dwight Stephenson - and they didn't play together for long as Dwight had his career cut short. Had they drafted better perhaps they would have gotten some rings. The problem was partly they could never get a good draft slot as the team always won more games than it should have due to having Dan and Don.

Great coach, certainly the best of his era. One thing I've noticed is the overall product is going downhill and I think that has a lot to do with the cba rules of limiting practice time these days. But the Patriots seem to be immune to this phenomenon, and I'm sure they would rival Jimmy Johnson or Don Shula teams even though those teams were allowed to practice as much as they wanted. Is this another example of great coaching, or is he cheating again? The Seahawks are another team that seems to be immune to the effects of limited practice time but we know they cheat, because they've been fined for it over the past two seasons. So I'm going to go ahead and assume Belichick has found (another) way to get around the rules.

You can't be the greatest coach ever if you have been fined 500,000 dollars for cheating

You can't be the greatest coach ever if you have been fined 500,000 dollars for cheating

As much as we hate him down here in miami , he's the greatest coach of all time . Forget the " cheating " they all do it , he just got caught . After he got caught he's continued to win . As far the deflate gate thing , we all know it was a joke .

When you own the league for as long as they have with all types of personnel and is constantly making average players look like pro bowlers , it's not cheating ....it's a great mind .

It's easy to win when you listen into the headsets of the other team, and ask Peyton Manning about the locker room being bugged. Where there is smoke there is fire. But believe what you like and I'll believe what I do

It's hilarious that people think the modern day New England Patriots are the only team to have ever bent the rules to find an edge. Coaches all through out football's history have done things and found ways in a not so straight forward manner to gain advantages. Vince Lombardi employed lip readers and put them in the stands with binoculars and I can assure it didn't begin or end with just Lombardi. Stealing signals, among other tactics, is one of he oldest art forms in the NFL.

Here's just a scratch on the surface of what all 32 teams have been caught doing: Your Team Cheats

Belichick is the best NFL coach of all time. I can see a case for a few others, but Belichick with ability to strategize and still be a GM at the same time is unparalleled.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom