Is Boston finally an asset ? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Boston finally an asset ?

marino2duper73

Active Roster
Reaction score
With David Boston showing much more desire to revitalize his career, is he an asset to the Dolphins, even though he is still amidst scrutiny of his steroid use ? And, does Boston become a decoy for our offense to open up Chambers, McMichaels, and Ronnie Brown as a receiving monster ?

I say the WR corps are stacked with talent.

I think even if Sage was starting, the offense should produce.

I imagine Boston will be the #3, and I'm looking forward to the problems that will create for our opponents.

On the other hand, the next productive game we get from Boston will be the first.

I'd respond, but I refuse to have any connection with someone who makes Coach Saban's head look like a nacho serving platter....

PHINZ RULE!!!

With who playing the 2

josephreese said:
I imagine Boston will be the #3, and I'm looking forward to the problems that will create for our opponents.

On the other hand, the next productive game we get from Boston will be the first.

With who playing the 2 Booker? Not at all. A healthy Boston, mentally and physically, is Miami's best aerial weapon, hands down, no questions. McMichael is solid and so is Chambers, but the fact still remains Boston has put up numbers something no one can argue or take away from him. Boston lacks consistentcy, and that comes from playing on teams with enigmatic QB play and poor staff. Insert Nick Saban, and Linehan and the same dreams everyone here is getting excited about when they think of Chambers, Double R (Ricky and Ronnie) should also be applied to Boston and then some, with only one caveat if he's mentally and physically healthy. Knees have a notorious history of playing tricks on peoples minds as they begin to play again.

marino2duper73 said:
I say the WR corps are stacked with talent.

I think even if Sage was starting, the offense should produce.

EVERYTHING depends on O-Line play. If they're not better, won't matter.

Boston is very leathal as a number 3 receiver. As a number 1 he would be in tough but to be at the lower end really helps us out as teams will have a tough time accounting for him. I am just excited to finially see him in a game!

blackthought said:
With who playing the 2 Booker? Not at all. A healthy Boston, mentally and physically, is Miami's best aerial weapon, hands down, no questions. McMichael is solid and so is Chambers, but the fact still remains Boston has put up numbers something no one can argue or take away from him. Boston lacks consistentcy, and that comes from playing on teams with enigmatic QB play and poor staff. Insert Nick Saban, and Linehan and the same dreams everyone here is getting excited about when they think of Chambers, Double R (Ricky and Ronnie) should also be applied to Boston and then some, with only one caveat if he's mentally and physically healthy. Knees have a notorious history of playing tricks on peoples minds as they begin to play again.

I'm excited about Boston, too. And you nailed the reasons I see him as #3. Right now, I imagine it's Chambers and Booker in the top 2 spots. If Boston beats one of them out, super. Will he ever play for us the way he did for the Cardinals? I sure hope so. Even if he is the #3 all throughout the season, imagine the mismatches he creates in the slot.

I would certainly like watching any of the three (Boston, Chambers, or Booker) against any opponent's #3 corner. Should be fun.

Everytime Boston is mentioned, the picture of his face and needles that was on sportscenter pops into my head. He better stop that stuff, for health sake, and plus, he's a receiver. What's this guy thinking?

blackthought said:

Couple of problems with that.....first as you alluded to, IS Boston healthy? Reports are that he isnt 100% yet. Even if he is close, how much do the Phins want to work him and risk more injuries? It might make more sense to limit his playing time by making him the #3 guy behind Booker and Chambers(if he can beat DT for the spot). Second, you say Boston's inconsistancies stem from enigmatic QB play. Isnt that an exact description of our situation? We dont really know how our QBs will play....heck, we dont even know WHO our starting QB will be. Last, Boston may have put up some numbers in the past, but that has no bearing on where he is today. Right now, Chambers, Booker, & Thompson, have all been more productive for the Phins than has Boston. Until Boston actually gives the coaches a reason to promote him, he is behind all 3 of them on the depth chart.

Wagon Circler said:
Everytime Boston is mentioned, the picture of his face and needles that was on sportscenter pops into my head. He better stop that stuff, for health sake, and plus, he's a receiver. What's this guy thinking?
Rumor has it he stopped thinking he was a TE and deflated about 20 lbs down to like 225ish. If he can still fly around the field and make plays than a lot of defenses better get worried

Boston took an illegal substance which was not steroids --U Bills fan who is dedicating his boring life in a Dolphins' board.

Back
Top Bottom