Is Chan Gailey a done deal? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Chan Gailey a done deal?

Armando Salguero said in his most recent article that he's signing a two year contract.

2 years sounds just right given what I imagined this is going to be. Depending on the outcome/success of Fitz this year I wouldn’t be shocked to see it be a one and done as well

I'm thinking it's not set in stone. Maybe Gailey is just thinking about it? I mean it's not like the media ever jumps to conclusion on anything...
I'm thinking it's not set in stone. Maybe Gailey is just thinking about it? I mean it's not like the media ever jumps to conclusion on anything...

Gaily probably thought about it for half a second. It's not like teams were all knocking at the door to get gailey as the offensive coordinator.

2 years sounds just right given what I imagined this is going to be. Depending on the outcome/success of Fitz this year I wouldn’t be shocked to see it be a one and done as well

I don't see any reason Gailey would come back just for one season. A two-year contract makes perfect sense if you hiring an OC right now especially if there's not some high in demand person.

Are we sure it is as OC? Maybe they are working on his exact role? Taking over Caldwell's role? Who knows?

He did play QB for the Gators back in the early 70’s

I meant to quote this :
“ Are we sure it is as OC? Maybe they are working on his exact role? ”

interesting.

It makes me wonder if they might have to find some way to elevate Caldwell to keep him while still keeping Gailey in a new position. Like maybe Caldwell is pass game coordinator and Gailey is Run game, essentially splitting the OC title

Reactions: A1.
It makes me wonder if they might have to find some way to elevate Caldwell to keep him while still keeping Gailey in a new position. Like maybe Caldwell is pass game coordinator and Gailey is Run game, essentially splitting the OC title

Or Caldwell wants another shot at HC and he felt that wasn’t going to be possible here, so there isn’t a way to keep him regardless?

I get the feeling Caldwell is out, especially with the Gailey hire... Kevin O got the Rams OC job just as additional info.

Reactions: A1.
Happy that we beat the Pats and Florres got his ragtag troops to play hard and win games we should have lost.

Just like with Gase and Sporano now that smokes cleared I have questions about the coaches rookie season. In other words like the Wildcat made Soprano first season look well and Jay Ajai made Gase look good his rookie year is Flores happen to get a little lucky also. There are definitely moves I questioned during the year Flores made so I certainly am looking forward to next year to know where we really stand.

I'm guessing that it is a potential hype-point. Given our bevy of resources, I'm expecting them to play their hype cards in the lead-up to the draft, and make a big season ticket push around draft time. This is probably one of the cards they want to play to get their names into the media ahead of that push.

Long story short ... I think it is a done deal, just holding back the announcement for a season-ticket push pre-draft.

Happy that we beat the Pats and Florres got his ragtag troops to play hard and win games we should have lost.

Just like with Gase and Sporano now that smokes cleared I have questions about the coaches rookie season. In other words like the Wildcat made Soprano first season look well and Jay Ajai made Gase look good his rookie year is Flores happen to get a little lucky also. There are definitely moves I questioned during the year Flores made so I certainly am looking forward to next year to know where we really stand.

flores seems to have trouble getting along with a few people. First it’s the was Minkah. Then the O’Shea rumors. Now someone’s suggesting he and Caldwell may not see eye to eye. You may have something here with the first year bump, second year slump. I really, really hope not, but it is concerning that Flores has trouble getting along with successful people.

flores seems to have trouble getting along with a few people. First it’s the was Minkah. Then the O’Shea rumors. Now someone’s suggesting he and Caldwell may not see eye to eye. You may have something here with the first year bump, second year slump. I really, really hope not, but it is concerning that Flores has trouble getting along with successful people.

Well good news is that if there is a second year slump we may be in the mix for Lawrence afterall.

Gailey needs to stay retired. He's a dinosaur and too damn conservative. He's like Wanny as far as I'm concerned. Run, run, short pass and punt type of crap.

Back
Top Bottom