Is Chan Gailey a done deal? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Chan Gailey a done deal?

A1.

Club Member
Reaction score
Someone pointed out to me that the Chan Gailey hire has only been reported by media.. the dolphins have presented nothing official about Gailey?

Is this correct? A quick skim through the website and I saw nothing in the news.

is it a done deal? Negotiations hold up maybe?

Someone pointed out to me that the Chan Gailey hire has only been reported by media.. the dolphins have presented nothing official about Gailey?

Is this correct? A quick skim through the website and I saw nothing in the news.

It appears to be true. No official word from what I could gather.

FWIW, most outlets have a disclaimer 'according to NFL network.' Can't find a 2nd source.

Reactions: A1.
There is no official word by the organization. But, if you really want to find out call the Miami Dolphins or check their Twitter. So far, Miami Dolphins website shows nothing in Coaches, nothing in News, and just plain nothing. Only NFL.com, NFL Network, ESPN, and the Florida Media are stating as so. We do know officially that Jim Caldwell has returned and he is the AHC and QB Coach per Miami Dolphins.com

Likely waiting for the 2019 season to finish and the 2020 NFL calander year to begin.

Even then you don’t have to wait to make an announcement

When you're dealing with senior citizens, like myself, you don't want to announce things too quick.. our health could change at any minute all plans go out the window at that point. Maybe they're waiting until he actually shows up to sign and close the deal.

In all seriousness. I believe last year the Dolphins waited until the rookie draft class actually showed up and signed their contracts before officially announcing they had signed. Maybe the new front office has a rule about not announcing things officially until they're actually done. No need to announce what someone is planning on doing, just wait and announce once it's acttually done.

Even then you don’t have to wait to make an announcement
They don't have to, but teams often make a big show of an "introductory" PC.

Perhaps they don't want to attach the OC lable to anyone just yet, in case they have to give the QB coach that title.

Chan could be given any title, and it wouldn't make any real difference.

There is also the possibility that Gailey is having second thoughts about a 24/7 job.

I'm thinking it's not set in stone. Maybe Gailey is just thinking about it? I mean it's not like the media ever jumps to conclusion on anything...

Back
Top Bottom