Is Chris Rix even trying to enter the draft? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Chris Rix even trying to enter the draft?

Void said:
I bet if Charlie Ward came out this year he would be a 3rd round pick. When he came out of college people weren't looking for mobile QB's. Of course as a very average player in the NBA he was making 6-7million a year so i guess it worked out for him.
You do realize that Charlie Ward was the starting point guard for a team that made it to the NBA Finals.

Fritz27 said:
You do realize that Charlie Ward was the starting point guard for a team that made it to the NBA Finals.

I just laugh when people talk about Charlie Ward as a Heisman bust. Um yeah, so he didn't get drafted in the NFL, but I think he's had a pretty decent career in the NBA. The guy is just a very talented individual. I'd love to be able to say, yeah, I won that Heisman thing in college, but I also shot some hoops, and when the NFL didn't want me, I had this NBA thing to fall back on.

Random fact:
Chris Rix = The ONLY college QB to lose to the same team 5 times in his carreer.

The team he couldnt beat...the Miami Hurricanes!!

Cobra said:
Random fact:
Chris Rix = The ONLY college QB to lose to the same team 5 times in his carreer.

The team he couldnt beat...the Miami Hurricanes!!

While that is a galling stat, those 'Canes teams he lost to went to 3 BCS Bowls and just missed the BCS this past year. I'm not defending Rix, but he wasn't losing to chopped liver (at least, not when he played Miami).

Fritz27 said:

He was still jsut an average NBA player. And to the other poster I didn't say he was a bust I just said the NFL wasn't looking for mobile QB's as much at the time he came out of college.

Void said:
He was still jsut an average NBA player. And to the other poster I didn't say he was a bust I just said the NFL wasn't looking for mobile QB's as much at the time he came out of college.

Oh ok. Well if he was just an average NBA player...

How many players are there in the NBA? Less than 600? So of the 600 best basketball players in the wold he was somewher in the middle. And he was one of the best college football players in the world. Ya...let's continue talking about what a schlub this guy was.

Back
Top Bottom