Is Chris Simms on the trading block? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Chris Simms on the trading block?

he'd be fine... who knows what he's got.. i don't expect a lot, but you never know, the fact is we're getting a 2nd round pick, a possibly good qb and the same RB we'd take at 2

I say no to Simms, but I still think the way Wanny and Spielman treated the son of our first hall of fame quaterback was shameful. Brian never really had a chance with Wanny's Fiedler loving and Spielman's Feeley touching. I can't wait till all of the cancer is cut out.

grendel said:
I say no to Simms, but I still think the way Wanny and Spielman treated the son of our first hall of fame quaterback was shameful. Brian never really had a chance with Wanny's Fiedler loving and Spielman's Feeley touching. I can't wait till all of the cancer is cut out.
Brian didnt exactly show much that year. In his time at qb he took more than 2x as many sacks in his 4 games as Jay had up to his injury and more TO's. What else do you need to know? :shakeno:

I like Simms but I think we can do better than just Simms and a 2nd for #2. Id be disappointed if thats all we got. Then again the alternative is we can move down again into the teens and do something to pick up more picks

Boik14 said:
I like Simms but I think we can do better than just Simms and a 2nd for #2. Id be disappointed if thats all we got. Then again the alternative is we can move down again into the teens and do something to pick up more picks

its not simms and a 2nd. its there first, simms (instead of a 2nd), i think i heard there 3rd and 6th also.

Saban should push them for just a little bit more and that deal is good if you consider Simms as mid to late 2nd round value.

godfater21 said:
its not simms and a 2nd. its there first, simms (instead of a 2nd), i think i heard there 3rd and 6th also.
Ew. Every Gm and their mother would laugh at us if we dealt down from 2 and didnt get a 2nd with it. :shakeno:

Doktor Ivel said:
how would Simms be worth a 2nd, when Surtain is only worth a 4th?
Cause KC is lowballing the heck out of us. Surtain is worth well more than a 4th in terms of value; teams just dont want to pay him and thats whats making this harder than need be

Boik14 said:
Ew. Every Gm and their mother would laugh at us if we dealt down from 2 and didnt get a 2nd with it. :shakeno:

The point is in addition to Simms, if Saban is going to follow the general draft chart, the Bucs need to give up around 400-500 more points. Usually teams call within 200 points breaking even so at the least the Bucs will probably have to include a 3, and 4 or 5.

Boik14 said:
Cause KC is lowballing the heck out of us. Surtain is worth well more than a 4th in terms of value; teams just dont want to pay him and thats whats making this harder than need be
but still, were talking about a 3rd string QB here........a 3rd stringer is worth a 4th or 5th rounder, if not later.

Jaj said:
The point is in addition to Simms, if Saban is going to follow the general draft chart, the Bucs need to give up around 400-500 more points. Usually teams call within 200 points breaking even so at the least the Bucs will probably have to include a 3, and 4 or 5.
I like Simms but Id rather see a 2,3, 6 in there than simms 3, and 6. The best option would be 2 Simms and 5/6

Doktor Ivel said:
but still, were talking about a 3rd string QB here........a 3rd stringer is worth a 4th or 5th rounder, if not later.
Simms is a 2nd string and hes worth probably a late 2-early 3. Hes in the wrong system. He is not a guy you plug into a WCO.

Boik14 said:
I like Simms but Id rather see a 2,3, 6 in there than simms 3, and 6. The best option would be 2 Simms and 5/6

Saban should push for a 2, Simms, and a 5. Then TB will say no, so we will negotiate a 3, Simms, 4 hopefully. That leaves TB with 1, 2, 3, 5 and on...

Jaj said:
Saban should push for a 2, Simms, and a 5. Then TB will say no, so we will negotiate a 3, Simms, 4 hopefully. That leaves TB with 1, 2, 3, 5 and on...
Eh. I still say he should push for 2, simms and 4 and then eventually drop the 4 to a 6 or something. Even early 2nds arent worth that much. We need that 2nd to make this work imo.

Back
Top Bottom