Is Chris Simms on the trading block? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Chris Simms on the trading block?

Nicky Napoleon

We'll Miss You Nubs
Reaction score
I remember hearing somewhere that Chris Simms might be on the block, can anyone confirm this? If it is true I wonder if the Bucs would throw him in to sweeten the deal to move up. If memory serves they were saying he could be had for a 3rd or 4th. So the 5th overall, 2nd round, and Simms and I am ALL OVER THAT!!! I didnt research him much prior to the draft so I dont know whether he would fit well into our new system.

He's not really on the trading block, it's just he's a part of the deal if it does go down. He helps the Bucs by giving us a developmental QB who's worth a late 2nd- early 3rd.

I wouldnt mind getting this guy at all as part of a deal to move down. This is the first I've heard of it though, was this reported or are you just assuming he would involved?

It's pretty much known he'd be part of the deal.

DonShula84 said:
I wouldnt mind getting this guy at all as part of a deal to move down. This is the first I've heard of it though, was this reported or are you just assuming he would involved?

I am alomost positive that I heard it, I think it was about a week ago. I didnt really think anything about it until all this "Bucs want to trade up" stuff surfaced. Simms would not only give us a QB it would also save us a pick! We could then focus on RB @ 5.

I mentioned it a couple days ago....it's been flying around here in the Tampa area for awhile now....Simms isn't a west coast type QB....and it makes sense if the Bucs trade up for a QB....that Simms would be part of the deal. Mostly in the papers and radio now.

fishypete said:
I mentioned it a couple days ago....it's been flying around here in the Tampa area for awhile now....Simms isn't a west coast type QB....and it makes sense if the Bucs trade up for a QB....that Simms would be part of the deal. Mostly in the papers and radio now.

No link,but I have heard that Cleveland is interested in him as well as Rohan Davey.Davey seems to make more sense as Crennell has seen what he can and can't do.....

im not bursting with joy in this deal but i guess i would take it. simms isnt marino and needs some work. im all for trading down but simms is like feely and we dont need that.

ih8brady said:
Did Simms start at all? How did he do?
hes only started 2 games in his career, hes played in 5 games.......73 attemps.....467 yards.....1 TD.......3 interceptions....

clear.gif

I for one am not a Chris Sims fan and really hope this is rumor and that this deal isn't made. He was over rated in college and will do nothing at this level either.

Yeah, we went over this last week when the potential deal with Tampa came up. Our # 2 pick is worth 2,600 points with Tampa's # 5 being worth 1,700 if you're using the value chart. So they'd have to come up with 900 points of trade value if you're using that chart. That would mean that the Bucs would have to give up at least their 2nd and 3rd round picks or their equivalent. That's where it gets fun as Miami and Tampa would have to agree on the value of Chris Simms. Is he a 2nd/3rd round type player? Does he have starter potential or not? I guess that's for the brass to determine. I do like the point value chart that they go by and I'll include it below.

clear.gif

IAFINFAN said:
I for one am not a Chris Sims fan and really hope this is rumor and that this deal isn't made. He was over rated in college and will do nothing at this level either.
i agree.....

i love your sig of Drew Tate.

i saw simms in his start against the saints. he looked pretty good before he got hurt.

Back
Top Bottom