Is Cleo the answer? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Cleo the answer?

Cleo will get his shot i think. Im not saying he'll get the starting job, but i think right now he's got as much a shot at it as anyone else involved on this team.

Probably not the long term answer but possibly the answer for next year. Not sure if Joe Bailey slipped up last night on the radio but someone called in and asked him "Daunte Culpepper is obviously not the answer, what are we going to do about a QB next year?" Bailey gave the usual not sure the organization agrees with you, we have the utmost of respect for Daunte and the things he's done throughout his career then said but Cameron is very fond of Cleo and he then went on talking up Cleo for a couple minutes.

At the very least it seems certain Cleo will be back next year and you kind of get the impression they are doing damage control every time they are asked about Daunte. I wouldn't be shocked to see Daunte released, draft a QB and let Cleo take care of the team while the new QB gets up to speed.

Mueller did say he was looking at QB's yesterday at the Senior Bowl practices.

I think Cleo is a good backup, and should be promoted to #2. We should keep Culpepper to try out at least one more time and go to Cleo as soon as we have to. Most important thing is to draft and groom a QB of the future under these guys just so we can start focusing on improving our QB position for the long term.

I say give Cleo the #2 job and bring in another #1 QB to compete with C-Pep; at least this way we will have someone to fall back on if C-Pep washes out.

I like Lemon, but he is a career back-up.

i like lemon but i am not saying he is the the qb of the future but he has the
personality,the arm,he studys hard he just needs more experience i hope we give the guy a shot,brady got a shot look how that turned out

I got the sense he knows what all of us know, the answer isnt on our team yet

Agreed.

It's amazing, I've seen fans get all worked up over every backup we've ever had. Some were clamouring for us to trade Marino and keep Scott Mitchell. :lol:

Some people never learn.
Decent backups are valuable to have.
I don't doubt that Lemon can be a good backup option but he's never shown anything in his time bouncing around this leage and NFL Europe to show that he'd be even an avg. starter.

I'd think everyone is tired of us trying to mold avg. players into a top starter. You'd think everyone would be hoping we actively search for a top field general. I guess not.

Careful what you wish for everyone.

I like lemon but I am not ready to bet the future on him. He is an interesting prospect but unproven. I don't believe c-pep is the anserw. I am hoping Lemon and a rookie prospect (drafted rookie) are competeing for the job next year. Even if we are a .500 ball club but are developing a qb of the future I'll be happy.

Yeah he's the answer if our offense is vanilla 5 yard out routes that result in field goals and pick sixes. I just don't understand the love for Cleo on this website?:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

He'll be the backup Qb.
I doubt he starts unless something happens to Daunte.

I think it was his way of saying, I know Lemon, I have an idea what he can do, I don't really know the others and the ink is still wet on my contract, so let me get to see them and see what they can do, and we will find out together thru training camp and the preseason.

I think people are reading way to much into what he said.

Cleo will get his shot i think. Im not saying he'll get the starting job, but i think right now he's got as much a shot at it as anyone else involved on this team.
I agree with you,i know for a fact that the team likes him and thought he played the BEST game of the season by OUR QUARTERBACKS,THATS RIGHT I SAID IT,i've watched that game twice,he played a fantastic football game, considering it was his first start and considering he played the best team in football on their turf and BATTLED to the end,,he made ONE mistake in that game,i'am tellin everybody right NOW that cleo lemon is a nice QB AND WILL DEFINATELY BE OUR BACKUP,if daunte comes back strong than we go daunte but if he does'nt don't worry,the lemonaid will be real sweet.

Yeah he's the answer if our offense is vanilla 5 yard out routes that result in field goals and pick sixes. I just don't understand the love for Cleo on this website?:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:
because some of us watch the games differently

Cleo Lemon is not the QB that will lead the Fins to the playoffs. That QB is not yet on this team.

Back
Top Bottom