Is Cleo the answer? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Cleo the answer?

Yeah he's the answer if our offense is vanilla 5 yard out routes that result in field goals and pick sixes. I just don't understand the love for Cleo on this website?:shakeno: :shakeno: :shakeno:

Lemon is mobile, good arm and good head. I think that he deserves a shot and I hope that he gets it.

When asked if Cleo Lemon could be a starter Cam answered that a) he already has been a starter (nothing like stating the obvious) and b) he had a prefect attendence record at SD.

OK maybe its me but neither of those comments seem like a ringing endorsement. In fact they sound a whole lot like "She has a great personality"

So I'm wondering what Cam's real opinion of Cleo is. I wouldn't be surprised to see him here this year because he is familar with Cam's system but I didn't get the impression that Cam thought he was a long term answer.

If, by this, you mean that Cam doesn't believe that he is a star, then I agree with you.

Cam did go on to say that DC has done things in the past that no one else has as a QB.
I think that Cam will evaluate both DC and CL fairly but will defer to the better overall skills if evident. That said, if DC is back to his old self in TC, then I don't believe it will be even close.

The best thing about all of this is that the only thing that I've read that Cam mentioned about Joey was that he simply, "played". That's it, nothing more or less. I believe that in itself speaks volumes about his impression (or lack of) about JH's skillset.

2007 QB Depth chart (IMO)

#1 = DC
#2 = CL
#3 = Draft pick (TBD)

Last train out of town = JH

no way. there's a reason why he's been a back-up his whole career.

I would say he was undrafted, and behind two high round draft picks, Brees first pick 2nd round, and Rivers 1st round..kind of hard to say start Lemons when you have that much money invested in the other 2 guys... But I was impressed by Lemons this year, he can definitely play in this league, now can he consistently be a factor in games as he was in Indy..that's the question.

Cleo may not be the answer, but I don't see how so many are writing him off so easily, he outplayed every other QB on our team last year with extremely limited playing time and Saban failed even to let Lemon practice with the first team prior to the week he started. I still hope Daunte is our answer, but not ready to write off Lemon just yet. It amazes me how so many posters on this board can only knock a guy, and never say anything positive about any player on our roster. It's always negative and always seems to come doen to us going out and signing or drafting their personal favorite, never seems to be about the best interest of the team.

I seem to be in the minority here but I hope he does get his shot. I like what I saw from him and just because he was #3 on the depth chart just doesn't mean anything. I was so pissed at Saban for not having the balls to play this unknown. If Joey Harrington can start Cleo lemon can start.

Lets ask ourselves a couple questions based on two answers, either Daunte or Cleo:

1. When training camp starts who will be in better shape and healthy?
2. When Training camp starts who will understand the system better?
3. When training camp starts who will know the terminology better?

The answer to all 3 is cleo lemon. IMO, Cleo should be the "starter" until Daunte can prove that he is healthy and can grasp a new system. I personally do not want to relive last year again. I have no problem with daunte if he deserves it then he should start. AND I think starting daunte is taking the easy way out, just my opinion.

When asked if Cleo Lemon could be a starter Cam answered that a) he already has been a starter (nothing like stating the obvious) and b) he had a prefect attendence record at SD.

OK maybe its me but neither of those comments seem like a ringing endorsement. In fact they sound a whole lot like "She has a great personality"

So I'm wondering what Cam's real opinion of Cleo is. I wouldn't be surprised to see him here this year because he is familar with Cam's system but I didn't get the impressiont that Cam thought he was a long term answer.

Your were expecting him to come out, on the first day of a new job, before he's had any chance whatsoever to consider the QB position here, and go out on a limb for a ringing endorsement of Cleo Lemon as a starter here?

A QB who has spent most of his career third on the depth chart, who Cam hasn't worked with in a couple years?

Please dude, I believe what he said in so many words was, Cleo has started a game, and that he is a very hard worker.

I got the impression he wasn't ruling anybody out, but I thinks it fair to say we should give Cam a mini-camp or two before we expect him to name a starter......don't you?

I didn't see any leadership at the QB position this year. I saw a heck of a lot of field general in the Eagles Garcia, maybe something to think about, Garcia as the #1, Cleo #2

So I'm wondering what Cam's real opinion of Cleo is. I wouldn't be surprised to see him here this year because he is familar with Cam's system but I didn't get the impressiont that Cam thought he was a long term answer.

That is stating that Cleo can be the #2 QB. The #2 QB needs to be a QB that can start should the starter fall to injury.

The #3 QB is the developmental QB. Lemon started the season as the developmental QB behind DC, the starter, and Joey the #2 who "could" start should the starter go down.

But, when DC proved not ready yet and JH started...he BOMBED badly...so Joey should be a cap casulty and Cameron was stating that he believes that Cleo is good enough to be the #2 QB.

Thus, we WILL cut/trade Joey...and draft another developmental QB to play behind DC and Cleo...

MIA WILL either draft Stanton in the 2nd or Edwards, Kolb, or Leak in the 3rd or 4th round...

DC will be the #1, Cleo will be the #2...:wink:

This is evidenced by the fact that the team has "already" tendered Cleo a $1.3mil RFA offer...:cooldude:

I didn't see any leadership at the QB position this year. I saw a heck of a lot of field general in the Eagles Garcia, maybe something to think about, Garcia as the #1, Cleo #2

:shakeno: Go back to your junkyard, kid....:shakeno:

I don't think Lemon is the answer, BUT....

I think he can do what Ferrotte did and ease the Offense into Cam's system because he should already be somewhat familiar with it.

Cleo could help along a rookie, or back-up a new QB...

It will be hard for Lemon to shake the stereotype thas he has acquired. A young, new coach just will not take the chance. He, Saban, will go with the 1st round draft pick; not that he's better but he gets a better approval rating from non football people.

It will be hard for Lemon to shake the stereotype thas he has acquired. A young, new coach just will not take the chance. He, Saban, will go with the 1st round draft pick; not that he's better but he gets a better approval rating from non football people.

Huh?

back up yes starter not sure. he did look decent in the colts game.

Back
Top Bottom