Is Cleo the answer? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Cleo the answer?

Question: Which Dolphins QB made their first pro start in the final game of the 2006 season?

Yes, Cleo Lemon is the answer.:eek:

back up yes starter not sure. he did look decent in the colts game.

Lemon looked better than decent in his first start. How many first time starters are asked to throw 36 times especially against a team whose strength is their pass rush? He threw one interception which was a bad play call. He lead the Dollphins on some of their longest drives of the season. He avoided several sacksl Yes, he overthrew a couple of times but remember he has not practiced nor played with the first teamers and he was playing indoors which led to his overthrowing. He had a few passes than were longer than 10 yds. No team has beat the Colts in their dome this year so why would you expect a first time starter with a team that has had its problem all year to do what other starters for other teams could not do. Lemon is not a Dan Marino, but he is not the pathetic 3rd string some are trying to make him out to be. He has just not gotten the breaks and of course, 1st round draft picks will be given years to develop, i.e. JH but Lemon gets one game.

Don't know if he's the answer, but I'd take him over Harrington any day.

because some of us watch the games differently

What I sat in the stands and saw in INDY was Vanilla offense that produced field goals. 30-40 qb's in this league can do that. You don't honestly believe our third stringer is going to start do you?

What I sat in the stands and saw in INDY was Vanilla offense that produced field goals. 30-40 qb's in this league can do that. You don't honestly believe our third stringer is going to start do you?

That Colt's defense was pretty stout toward the end of the season. I believe Steve McNair only led the Ravens to 2 FG's in the game against the Colts following our's. It's too early to pass judgement on Lemon. No one honestly knows what he's capable of at this point.

I think he's the answer if the question is "What QB is keeping the seat warm until Marino gets his uni out of mothballs?" :lol:

Seriously, I don't think he's the answer but might be a decent caretaker. He may flourish under Cam, but I think we're still waiting for our starter (and yes, that includes DC).

When asked if Cleo Lemon could be a starter Cam answered that a) he already has been a starter (nothing like stating the obvious) and b) he had a prefect attendence record at SD.

OK maybe its me but neither of those comments seem like a ringing endorsement. In fact they sound a whole lot like "She has a great personality"

So I'm wondering what Cam's real opinion of Cleo is. I wouldn't be surprised to see him here this year because he is familar with Cam's system but I didn't get the impressiont that Cam thought he was a long term answer.

I got the impression that Cam has just arrived in Miami and has no idea yet what he will do with Cleo.

That Colt's defense was pretty stout toward the end of the season. I believe Steve McNair only led the Ravens to 2 FG's in the game against the Colts following our's. It's too early to pass judgement on Lemon. No one honestly knows what he's capable of at this point.
I agree. I dont think we should be discounting him. He did have a decent game in his first start ever and I think there is some potential.

Back
Top Bottom