Is Cleo the answer? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Is Cleo the answer?

VManis

Starter
Reaction score
When asked if Cleo Lemon could be a starter Cam answered that a) he already has been a starter (nothing like stating the obvious) and b) he had a prefect attendence record at SD.

OK maybe its me but neither of those comments seem like a ringing endorsement. In fact they sound a whole lot like "She has a great personality"

So I'm wondering what Cam's real opinion of Cleo is. I wouldn't be surprised to see him here this year because he is familar with Cam's system but I didn't get the impressiont that Cam thought he was a long term answer.

I don't know if he's the answer, but I wouldn't mind finding out. I hope he puts up a battle in camp.

When asked if Cleo Lemon could be a starter Cam answered that a) he already has been a starter (nothing like stating the obvious) and b) he had a prefect attendence record at SD.

OK maybe its me but neither of those comments seem like a ringing endorsement. In fact they sound a whole lot like "She has a great personality"

So I'm wondering what Cam's real opinion of Cleo is. I wouldn't be surprised to see him here this year because he is familar with Cam's system but I didn't get the impressiont that Cam thought he was a long term answer.

The kid has potential but Dolfans have blown his performance this year out of proportion. You know it's bad when fans are calling an emergency QB "the Answer." Don't tell the Daunte :newera: though, they'll assure you Daunte is the answer and that he definitely won't be leaving to Alabama.

If the question is, who's a third string qb?

No, cleo is a back-up QB at best.

One thing I am noticing about Cam Cameron is he is a diplomat. So he's going to be inclined to say nice things about everyone and point out the good. If Cleo is the leader of the team, I think it will be right now because hes the best of some bad options.

Now, after a year or so, Cleo might be servicable. But hes not in the league of the QBs that played this past weekend.

cleo has done well in the limited time he has played. He is very accurate on short to intermediate passes and shows a good ability to scramble out of the pocket if need be and lead the team. If daunte gets injured again or dosen't do well enough cleo would make a really good replacement.

Nope, he is a career back-up bench warmer, like the dude said before, the answer to our QB problem is not yet on our team.

:dolphins:

He may have to be. Our options here are very limited. There are not many F/A options, unless we can somehow get Schaub. The draft will probably not produce immediate help. It seems that we will most likely have to go with Lemon as starter and Harrington as backup. I would not be totally suprised to see Cam work with Harrington and develop him into a decent starter either. This years F/A market and draft seem to have pretty good options for many of the teams short comings, unfortunately not at QB.

Cleo is obviously a great guy and has a lot of character but there is more to it at this level than just heart and desire. Hopefully C-Pep will rebound or we draft well but the answer for the long term is not Lemon.

Back
Top Bottom